Chapter 41

Ron's POV.

It's been a month. Pero wala paring idea si Alicia sa mga kalokohan ni Luke. Awang-awa na talaga ako sa kanya.

Maraming beses nang muntik mahuli si Luke. At maraming beses ko na rin siyang pinagtakpan. There were even times where I felt like Luke was playing with me. I was getting tired of it. sick of it.

It was a nice Saturday afternoon. I went down the building of my dorm and to the cafeteria. I really liked the hot cocoa here, especially because the temperature was going down day by day.

I was on my way to get a table when my eyes landed on Mila. I smirked at her and sat on my table.

I took a short sip on my drink. God, it's so good.
My drink was halfway through when Luke and his punk "girlfriend" entered the room. I dropped my stirrer and my eyes darted at Mila.
She was looking at me as well, both of us were in shock.

I approached her... and she walked over me too.
"Don't tell Alicia!" we both said.
Luke rushed to us too, pulling her secret girlfriend with him.
"Wait what?!" I stepped back, looking at them all.

"You know?" Mila asked me. She looked at Luke, "You said I'm the only one who knew!" she snapped at him.
"I-I didn't know!" sabi ni Luke.
"Why would I believe you?" Mila scoffed.
"He didn't know. I discovered it myself. This bastard doesn't know how to play clean." my anger was building.

"Don't call him that" his punk girlfriend tried to defend the rat.
I just laughed her off.

"Please Ron. Do not tell Alicia. At least not yet. I'm still finding the right time." Luke pressed his hands together, pleading me. "Stop. I don't think I still can do this. I mean, we're all hurting a friend. She doesn't deserve this, does she?" I turned to Mila, asking for a back up. She just nodded.

"You know what, fuck it bro. Go on! Tell her. I don't give a shit anymore. Go start rambling about me on your weak ass friend. oh yes, friend!" he laughed, "because you are in the friendzone!" he kept laughing.

In just a millisecond, my hand were already on his cheek. I punched him, receiving gasps from the people around. His girlfriend stopped Luke from fighting back, and Mila stopped me. I pulled his shirt to me,
"I'm gonna make you fucking sorry" I said, gritting my teeth. I dropped him and left the cafeteria.

I went to look for Alicia. I ran up to her dorm room and knocked. I kept knocking hard, my knuckles were getting bruised. "Ron no!" Mila followed me.

My phone suddenly rang. I answered it without looking who it was.
"What?" I answered, not actually caring about anything at the moment.
"Ron, Alicia's in the hospital!" My eyes widen.
"Nasaan kayo tita?" I asked her mom. My anger was replaced with worry.

She told me where they were. I pulled Mila and went down the building. "I need a car. It's urgent." I told her.
"What's happening??" she was confused.
"Alicia is in the hospital!" I growled.
"oh my god" she gasped. "o-oh g-go use my car" she told me, handing her keys.

We hopped in and drove straight to the said hospital.

I parked the car and we entered the place. "Alicia Kennedy?" I asked the nurse in the counter.
"fourth bed" she mumbled.

I looked for Alicia.
I saw her mom, so I approached.
"Hi tita, what happened?" I asked.
"She was in a cab.. and, and then this truck lost its brake and broke down to Alicia." she was starting to cry. I hugged her, "Oh no no tita. She'll be fine." I tried to comfort her even though I had no idea if she was going fine.

"The doctor said the impact in her head was quite strong. It needs to be tested." she said.

"tita this is Mila, Alicia's roommate. Mila, Alicia's mom. Just call her tita."
I introduced the two.
"Hi Mrs. Kennedy." she showed a small smile.

We stayed there for a few more hours until her father and brother finally came. "Where is she? Where is Alicia?" he was so damn worried.
"Hi Tito. Alicia's fine, don't worry. She's just sleeping for a while." I calmed him down.
"When is she gonna be okay?" I was surprised when Kyle asked me.
"She's okay. She's just gonna go through some tests then she's out." I patted his back.

If he was shorter then I would've patted his hair, but this guy's big. He's 5'10" for Pete's sake.

"Ron I gotta go. I still have to review." Mila told me. She said goodbye to everyone before leaving.

"How about you, Ron? Wala ka bang kailangang gawin sa school?" tita asked. I shook my head, "Wala na tita." I said sabay smile.

After a few more hours, nakalipat na si Alicia sa isang private room. Mga 5 pm na rin nun.

"Alicia needs to undergo the test now." the doctor said. Everyone gave Alicia a hug, including me, before she was led to the lab.

Everyone was praying silently, while here I was in the corner, my eyes closed tight, and couldn't stop thinking about Alicia, her condition, and her soon-to-be ex.