Chapter Six

Bjorn paced back and forth holding a bottle of champagne. He wondered what he should do and what he should say as he walked up and down the hallway of the hotel. He was a super spy, this is less stressful than almost getting raped by the gay mafia he thought to himself. He finally took a deep breath and knocked on door 532.

"Yes, What is it?" Said the voice from behind the door

"Hey, I figured we could celebrate after our successful mission? I was getting bored sitting in my room" Said Bjorn as confidently as he could.

The door cracked open slightly and the left side of Femmy LaBush's face peered out. It was the side of her face that had an eyepatch on it. Bjorn wasn't sure why, but this creeped him out more than it should have.

"I got some champagne, I figured we could have a drink"
"Fine come in" She said backing away from the door and Bjorn entered. The hotel's room were a lot nicer than any place he had ever stayed in: 300 square feet of space, marble tiled bathroom, jacuzzi, complimentary mini bar, 46 inch flat screen tv. Bjorn walked around the room pretending to check it out, even though it was exactly the same as his room across the hall.

"Beautiful view, the city at dusk" Said Bjorn randomly string words together. Femmy didn't respond but just went back to watching tv.

"So what are you doing in here ?" Asked Bjorn

"Cleaning my guns" She said matter of factly

"Guns are cool, right? Shooting people...stuff like that"

Femmy didn't feel like that needed a response, Bjorn couldn't help but agree with her. He grabbed two flute glasses off the minibar and popped the cork on the champagne bottle. He poured two glasses and gave one to Femmy. He sat next to her on the rich corinthian leather couch. He couldn't think of what to say so he turned to the television, maybe that would help him (it's never steered him wrong before). It was an entertainment news show and they were discussing an upcoming Science Fiction film.

"What movie are they talking about" Asked Bjorn

"Sequel to Don Quixote in Space" she said

"How could they make a sequel to a forty year old movie? That's a terrible idea" Said Bjorn who was legitimately annoyed by this because growing up, the original film was one of his favorites. He still owned the VHS copy of it, or at least he did until his apartment was blown up.

"Probably will be all terrible CGI too" Said Femmy

"Oh, so did you like the original?" Bjorn hoping he finally got some material to work with

"It's my favorite movie, the mise-en-scène simply revels in its own lack of verisimilitude"

"I liked it because it had boobs and a lot explosions in it" Said Bjorn. Femmy cracked a slight smile, so slight it would it take a digital protractor to even measure the slight up turn of her lip. It was all Bjorn needed, he poured another glass.

"Thanks for saving my ass back there. I mean that literally. What was with jackdaw bird call thing though"

"Tweet mother fucker, tweet" Laughed Femmy doing an impression of Bjorn

"Real funny stuff"

"A western jackdaw goes aah coo, ahh coo" She said

"Ahchu ahhchu" said Bjorn repeating what Femmy said