Lovely (ch 3)

I had to admit I liked waking up early on Sundays. I quickly said a Hail Mary, Our Father and a prayer dedicated to my mother.

I never was religious but my mom liked to go to church. I never knew why she loved praying. She always said it made her feel closer to her passed love ones. I knew my mother was an only child and that her parents died when she was young. My mom was a foster child too, but at least she knew and met both her parents. I don't know who my dad is. It's not registered on my birth certificate, my mother never told me and since my mother moved around the continent a lot my dad could be American or Mexican for all I know. All I know was that I was born in Canada. When I first had to move in to my foster home I didn't mind much because the foster home was 2 blocks away from my house. I sometimes like to go back to my house and just remember all the memories that were made in that house. I have trouble giving up the past sometimes.

"Lola, ready?" Nathan asked knocking on my bedroom door. I stood up from my kneeling position and grabbed my bag from my bed. Thank god Corey was a heavy sleeper or she would've been yelling at me for waking her up so early.

I threw my bag over my shoulder and walked out the door.

"Shhh. Corey is still sleeping." I said in a hushed tone. "Does Julia and Morris know you go out this early in the morning?" I added as we walked down the first flight of steps.

"Yeah, Morris is the one who set it up. He told me about the bus schedules too. He said the first bus comes at 6am so be ready and that the bus to drive us home comes at 8:30am not to miss it." Nathan informed me till we got to the bottom of the stairs. I put on a pair of Nike runners and tied my hair up.

"You look pretty with your hair up." Nathan said putting his runners on.

"Merci, now let's get going it's 5:50" I said waiting by the front door.

We walked out the front door and I immediately started jogging. "Let's race!" I said a couple paces in front of Nathan.

He started picking up the pace until we were both sprinting to the bus stop. Guess what? I won. haha. Nathan caught his breath as the bus turned the corner. We both got on and made our way to the back of the bus. The bus was empty. In the front there were two old ladies and in the back were Nathan and I. It was pretty quiet. I sat near the window and Nathan stood with his long arm holding on to the bar at the top. I smelt his axe deodorant from where I sat. Two minutes went by and I couldn't stand the smell anymore so I moved two rows in front of where I sat. He looked at me curiously. And I mouthed to him 'you put on too much'. He nodded and put his arm closer to his side blocking his arm pit. I laughed a little and he blushed embarrassedly. The bus ride was no more than 10 minutes. We arrived there at 6:09am.

The gym was open and there were very few cars in the parking lot. Nathan showed me the way in. He logged us in then showed me to the ladies change room. It was empty but that only made me feel more comfortable. I wouldn't have people staring at me or judging me like I do at school. I put on a pair of spandex capris and a black tank top. I walked out and Nathan was already there wearing Basketball shorts and a baggy t shirt.

"Ready?" he asked.

"Yep." I said sitting on the floor.

"What are you doing?" he asked watching me spread my legs apart.

I leaned to my left and grabbed my toes and counted to ten. I guess Nathan realised what I was doing because he got down and started joining me in my stretches. Once we were done and all shaken out we hit the tread mills.

"I run for 10 minutes before I hit the weights." he informed me.

He was right after ten minutes of jogging he was at the weights pumping as I continued to run. People started piling in, and I understand why Nathan was so eager to get here early. Almost all the equipment was taken. I was running next to a buff man wearing sweats. He was very tall and looked quite young, maybe late 20's to early 30's. I looked over to Nathan who seemed to be struggling a bit with the weights.