Lovely (ch 11)

Well, tomorrow is my birthday and I haven't heard from Austin since the funeral a few days ago. Julia and Nathan came to the funeral with me. Nathan didn't care much but he came to show his respects and Julia came because Nathan and I needed a ride.

But Julia and Austin's mom actually talked and now Julia is more willing to let me go to his house as long as I get back by 10 or tell her that I'm going to the tree after his house. The rule for when he comes over is that we can be anywhere in the house but the door must be open and he can't stay past 11. I fought for 11 when she said 10, I got my way.

Austin wanted me to meet him at the tree tonight at 10 to star gaze. I was really excited. But Nathan had asked me to the movies for 7 o'clock and I didn't think I'd be home on time to meet Austin. But me being who I am agreed to go to both.

I had gotten a call from Larry today saying that my dad would like to talk to me before signing the release papers to hand me off to Julia and Morris and giving them full custody. I was supposed to see him the day after my birthday. I was okay with it, though. I really did want to meet my dad. I want to know how he and my mom met. I want to know so much.

"Julia!" Corey yelled. I got out of my room to see Corey leaning over the stair rails.

"Yes Corey!" Julia called up.

"Can I go to Collin's tonight?" Corey asked.

"Yes but be home by 10:30." she said.

"M'kay." Corey said.

Corey turned to me.

"What?" she asked.

"You're dating Collin? Wasn't he the guy you went out with the first time I went to Austin's house?" I asked.

"Yes." Corey answered.

"How long have the two of you been dating? Officially." I asked.

"Tonight's our two-week-aversary." Corey peeped.

"Sweet." I said as she and I went into our room.

"So, what about you and Austin?" she asked.

"Well we were really good friends. He had a girlfriend. She cheated on him before he got the chance to break up with her. He told me he had me now. Then the night his father died he took me up to his room and played me a song he wrote. We kissed. And that's basically my romance." I shrugged.

"Oh, interesting. But it's really sweet that he wrote you a song. I wish Collin was more romantic." Corey sighed.

"Eh, give him time. I mean you guys didn't even know much about each other before you two started dating." I explained.

"Yeah, we weren't buds like you and Austin." she admitted.

"So give it time. Let him get to know you more." I told her before picking up my book to read.

"Your smart for someone who hasn't had a boyfriend before." she said.

"Ah, yes but I have had a friend before." I said slyly opening my book.

So to catch up with this chapter,

Max and Mandy ran away and started to squat in random abandon places. Max told her that he has his dads credit card so they use that to buy two plane tickets to New York. They're both trying to start a new life together.

I'm finding this book oddly depressing and romantic yet unrealistic.

I shut my book and realised the time.

6:40. The bus leaves in five minutes. I quickly tied my hair up and switch into a white tank top then I grabbed my phone and money and run downstairs.