Lovely (ch 2)

"I knew you had a mystery man!" Nathan shouted as I climbed on to the monkey bars at the park.

"Shut up. I only met him last night. He was on my tree." I snorted pulling myself through the bars to sit on top.

"I mean seriously Lola, you shouldn't be up there with older men." he said teasingly as I rolled my eyes.

I let my feet dangle off the edge of the bars and let them slowly swing back and fourth as I used to hands on each bar to hold myself up.

"So what is this guys name?" Nathan asked sitting on the swing just a few feet away.

Something about Nathan always made him look nerdy. Even in cargo shorts he looked like a nerd. Maybe it was the button up shirt or glasses but I really didn't care to investigate much on that topic.

"His name is Austin. He's not from here." I said with a slight smile.

"You think Julia and Morris will ever adopt us? Or will they keep fostering us until we are in our 20's?" he joked.

But I understood what he meant. I wondered sometimes too if I'd get adopted. Julia and Morris are great people but sometimes I fear that if they adopt just one of us all of us are going to want to get adopted and it could put pressure on them. I understand. People sometimes feel as if they have pressure and I would understand if Julia and Morris did.

"I don't know." I told Nathan.

I let go of the sides of the monkey bars forgetting that it was the only thing holding myself up. I half screamed as I fell back but my legs caught me and I was hanging upside down staring at Nathan who looked even nerdier from this angle.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Just peachy." I said as blood started rushing to my head.

I grabbed the bars above my head next to my feet and got a firm grip then I threw my legs over and ended up hanging from my arms. Nathan grabbed my waist and struggled to help me down. Either Nathan's been working out or I've lost weight because he could never carry me before. I looked down at myself, nah, he's definitely been working out.

"So? what gym you going to?" I asked fixing the ruffles from my shirt. Yet again another conversation I'd be having with him were we wouldn't be sharing eye contact.

"The one in the community center." he stated quickly. We started walking home.

"Maybe I could come with you and work on my cardio?" I asked.

"Why would you need to workout?" he retorted. "You're practically an acrobat. You can climb trees and jump from amazing heights without getting a scratch! And that flip you did on the monkey bars! You didn't even stretch before doing it and you didn't pull a muscle! I should call you the human pretzel!" he sounded defensive.

"Wow, Nat chill. I'm not as perfect as you think. I can't run more than 50 feet without panting! I need to work on my cardio and I am coming to the gym with you and that is final." I stated strongly. "Plus," I added looking at my butt. "I need to tone up my toosh!" I mumbled.

"You're fine." he said carelessly.

"So are you. But we want to be perfect, so we shall hit the gym starting Monday morning." I said sure of myself.

"Nuh uh. You think church is for Sunday mornings? Well, I call them gym mornings. They're emptier and you get to use more equipment." he said proudly.

"Alright alright. Sunday morning. Looks like we're gonna have to say our prayers extra early!" I said gleefully poking at him. He grunted and walked faster.