Chapter 19

The walls were white and the smell was of mint. The voice which I had heard belonged to the person standing in front of me. Exactly how I remember her.

Dark hair with olive skin and brown eyes. But now she looked more healthy and happy. She wore a long white gown. She was smiling. She was tearing and so was I. She wore the same smile she wore the day I came into this world and it appears to be the same one she'll wear when I'm taken out.

"Mom." I said taking it all in. She opened her arms wide for a hug. I've been waiting so long to feel her warmth again. I took a step forward.

"Wait!" she warned. I stopped in my tracks.

"What?" I asked nervously looking around.

"Lola, you're not ready." She said.

"For what?" I asked.

"For me. It's far too early for all of this." she sighed. She rubbed the side of her arm. She looked sad.

"Mom, you aren't making any sense." I said confused.

"Oh, you're so beautiful Lola." she said happily. She was so calm.

"Why can't I hug you?" I asked. She blinked and looked down and then back up.

"Your friend Nathan is here." she said. She was smiling again. Then I blinked and Nathan was in a white suit standing next to my mom.

"Hi Lola." he said waving slightly. He wore the glasses. I smiled.

"Oh Nat!" I opened my arms to hug him. He put his hands out to push me away. But I kept walking. Suddenly I was faced to face with him. His arms went right threw me like mist.

"Your not ready yet Lola." he sighed. I quickly stepped back.

"You have to go back sweet pea." my mom agreed.

"But what if I don't want to go back?" I stated. I was tearing up a lot. I just wanted to be with them.

"Why is that?" my mom asked.

"Because... I want to stay with you, both of you. I want to be here with you guys. I love you both so much." I said with a shaky voice.

"What about Julia, Morris, Marcus, Corey, Jeff and the whole gang including Jordan. What about them? Weren't you supposed to see Jordan today?" Nathan questioned. Nathan's glasses slipped to the bottom of his nose like a librarian and he stared at me.

"And sweet sweet Austin who makes my daughter so happy. And your father, oh how handsome he has gotten." she admired.

"But I don't want to feel this pain." I sighed. I sat down on the white floor.

"Lola, I love you." my mom said. Then she turned around and walked away.

"Lola, go back." Nathan said then he left too and I was alone in this cold mint room alone.

I don't want to go back.

I don't.

I won't.