Lovely (ch 4)

I hadn't talked to Nathan since Sunday morning.

Marcus was right though, on Monday morning two young people came to our door. They were working through the adoption papers with Julia and Morris.

Austin and I had hung out every night so far this week. On Monday we went to the movies then we hung out on our tree until later that night. On Tuesday we went to the mall and hung out on the tree until dinner. On Wednesday we hung out in the meadow all day just talking about our lives. I didn't mention anything about the foster family or anything. I don't know who he thinks I live with. Maybe he think I live with my aunt and uncle or maybe I was adopted. Anything is better then him knowing I'm a foster kid. People either bully or take pity out on foster kids cause they think no one wants them. Well, someone out there will want me; I hope. Oh, and about the kiss, Austin hasn't mentioned it once since it happened. But I guess ites better that we just forget it because we both know nothing will ever happen between us. He is an older, hot, foreign guy. I'm an average, younger, Canadian girl.

Today Austin has family from America coming over so I'd have no one to hang out with. He said he'd try to sneak out around 10 at night and to meet him at the tree but I told him not to worry about it. Who knows if he's ever going to see his family again so I guess it was good that he got to see them.

On Friday I'd be going over to Austin's house for dinner. Long story short his mom saw us talking up in the tree together and she invited me over. His mom is pretty, she has dark brown hair unlike his fair light brown hair and she has pouty lips. She looks young, maybe 38?

I asked Morris if I could go and he just waved his hand in the air and said "yeah, yeah. Whatever, have fun."

If I asked Julia she would've asked to meet Austin and his mom first and it'd be so awkward. Austin and I are just friends as far as I'm concerned. He hasn't made a move on me since the day at the pool.

"Lola?" Nathan called coming into my room. Wow, he's actually talking to me!

"Yes" I said trying to sound uninterested.

"Listen, i'm sorry about that day at the pool." he said shortly.

"Yeah what was that about? You just left without an explanation!" I complained.

"I know. And I'm sorry.. We cool?" he asked. I nodded but I still wanted an explanation as to why he got all pissy with me.

"I'm not hanging out with Austin today.. So maybe you wanna go somewhere?" I asked.

"Sure!" he said happily. We ended up going to the Museum which was an hour bus drive.

It wasn't full on this fine summer Thursday afternoon. Admission was only $10. We didn't bother taking the tour though. We just showed ourselves around. It was kind of boring but Nathan seemed interested. I plugged in my head phones and listened to a playlist that consisted of One direction, Panic! At the disco, and Bruno Mars.

As soon as treasure started playing my stomach started rumbling.

"I'm going to the vending machine. Do you want anything?" I asked Nathan. He wanted a snickers so he handed me $1.50. I went over to the machine but there was already someone in line I front of me. I pulled my shorts pant legs down. I hated wearing the shorts Corey gave me but I loved how they made me look skinnier because they were high waisted. My plain white t shirt was tucked in tightly in my shorts.

The guy in front of me was taking forever. From the back of him he had black hair, a leather jacket, and ripped blue jeans. Finally he got his candy bar. He turned around quickly that I saw only a flash before I fell. I landed on my but.