Chapter 17 - Vanished

YUUZAN'S POV

The girl who I was chasing, the girl who just fell in the abyss of despair vanished in front of my very eyes. I blinked twice and quickly regain my composure.

I quickly run and observed my surroundings. I looked from left to right; in front and behind me. I looked everywhere hoping that I can find a single evidence but unfortunately, there was nothing.

There weren't any evidences. No bloods, and Hiroomi's body isn't here. Just a lonely and silent road. The car I saw, was no longer in my line of sight.

I was trying my best to search for any clues but there weren't any. I scratch my head hardly because I was totally confused! She was clearly hit by a damn car right? But why is that there is no stain nor drop of blood on the ground?! Where the hell is she?!

Shit! This is worse than I thought.

Shit! Shit! Shit! I kept on cursing inside my head while I continue to look for more invisible clues.

Few useless moments later, I gave up and heaved a sigh. I gaze at the dark sky while a bright light from the light post shone on me. Suddenly, small bits of snow started to fall.

I continue to look at the sky and thought, The snow is really nice, but it would be nicer if Hiroomi was here.

Abruptly, my phone vibrated inside my pocket. I take a look and it was Takeo calling. I exhaled and I didn't hesitate to answer it.

"Takeo-san." I said in a soft tone.

"So? How was it?" He quickly asked.

With his question, the way I hold my phone tightened and tears started to build up on my eyelids.

"Oiii Yuuzan!? What Happe-"

"She vanished." I cut off his words and answered bluntly. "What?! What do you mean?!"

"She just disappeared. I don't know where she is." Then I put down the phone and to go straight at the Dan.

I take walk at the bridge again. I've observed the place and it was so quiet. And I'm the only person here. I'm not just mentally alone but also physically.

The place is empty, the bridge is also hollow, so does my heart and mind. 

While having this walk alone, It feels like a never ending journey. Due to emptiness, I can't help but to reminisce and remember every single memory I had in the past.

"I'm sorry Hiroomi. I really am. I whispered as I walked in the bridge of emptiness letting it eat me.

****

I was about to open the the Dan's front yard gate but I didn't expect that a flashing punch will be given to me by Takeo.

I fell on the ground with my back first. Then I saw Ryuu and Shouta pulling Takeo away from me.

"You Bastard! What the heck did you do this time! Don't you dare tell me you screw up again!" He shouted at me while he was being held back by the both of them

"Takeo, calm down for a second." Shouta said in a serious tone.

"Calm down Shouta?! Look what he just did to Hiroomi again!!" Takeo replied as he was throwing tantrums.

I was shocked and I nervously asked, "You guys already know about all of this?"

Ryuu quickly gazed on me coldly like he was stabbing me in an indirect manner. He sighed and said, "Yes, We already know. Takeo told us everything."