How?

I wake up. Alone, confused, and dazed. Where am I? What's happening? I hesitantly open my eyes and look around what seems to be a dimly lit room. I try to sit up, but my head begins to pound. I touch my forehead and then look at my fingers, seeing them covered in a thick coating of blood. Shit. This peaks my interest. Or, maybe, it just scares the hell out of me.

I now sit up, ignoring the dull throbbing of my head. My leg aches as I stumble into a standing position. My eyes dart to my leg. Though the room is dimly lit, I can still make out the image of my foot, and it should not be bent that way. I stumble around the room, desperately looking around for an exit. I see at door and I limp towards it, tears building up in my eyes as I try to ignore the pain coming from my leg. I try opening the door, to no avail. Then, in a moment of fortune I remember that before leaving the house today I pinned my bangs back with bobby pins. I reach into my hair and gasp as my fingers reach the ends. My hair is cut short, it now reaches the base of my head, right along the top of my neck. I also regret to learn that the hair clips are no where to be seen.

I cry out, my head jerking away from the door to look around the room. My eyes widen as I see the faint light of the moon coming from a window. I quickly limp and stumble towards it, crying out in desperation and pain. When I finally reach the light, I collapse beside it, my body leaning heavily against the wall. I cry out and look outside the window, hoping to God that it is my exit out of wherever I am. Once I woke up to a throbbing head and a broken leg, I knew I was in trouble.

I place my hands on the window and pull up, successfully opening the window. "Yes!" I wail, burying my head in my arm. Tears drip down my face at a rapid speed. Is this it? I can feel freedom beckoning me as the wind from outside the window blows the little hair I have left. I look out the window and see that I am on the first story. Luckily, the window is big enough for me to fit through, though it will still be a tight fit. I squeeze my way through and out of the window, sobbing as I land painfully on the ground. Okay. Going head first wasn't such a good idea. My head darts up and my eyes catch the lights of a McDonalds sign across the street.

I shakily get to my feet, trembling. I wrap my arms around myself and begin to limp towards to building. Sobs wrack my body as I weep into the dark, empty area. It looks to me like I'm in the middle of no where. All I see is the McDonalds ahead of me. I am too afraid to look back at the building I just escaped from. Just the thought of it makes me whimper and bite my lip. My leg throbs and I hug myself tighter, trying desperately to walk faster towards the McDonalds. I hope to myself that there is someone in there that can help me.

Soon, I finally make it to the door. Though, as I open it a man's voice calls out. "Hey!" He yells. I hear his loud footsteps quickly approaching as he runs towards me. "Get back here!" He shrieks, a cackle following after. I wail, darting into the building. "Help!" I scream, "Is anyone there? A man is chasing me!" Someone, presumably a manager, sprints from the back and grabs me in her arms, taking me into the back of the establishment. She shuts and locks the door, grabbing out her cell. "Don't worry," She says in a serious tone, "You'll be safe in here. I'm calling the police." I can barely hear her though. I begin to shake, breathing heavily. I cry into my arms and she keeps her distance. "Stay calm. You're going to be safe here. He can't get to you." I collapse into a ball on the ground covering my ears with my hands. Soon, I fall asleep like this, my eyes wide and my face wet with tears.