Whatever Comes After How

I wake up and am surprised to see the girl from the McDonald's sitting beside me. We are both in a room that has a few police officers in it with us. Okay then. Police Station it is. I look around the room and lock eyes with the girl from the McDonald's. Her eyes widen and she squeezes my hand. I break our gaze to look at our hands. A moment ago I had not realized that she was holding my hand, but now that I have I can feel my face heat up.

"Are you alright?" She asks worridly. I nod and squeeze her hand in confirmation, moving my head to look at her again. "The police want to ask you a few questions, but first- What's your name?" "Pansy," I say quietly after clearing my throat. The girl smiles and replies, "That's cute. My name is Penny." I smile a weak smile and look away from her. An officer sees me looking at him and begins to walk towards us.

"Are you alright Mam?" He asks, sitting down in front of me. I nod my head. "What's your name?" He asks. "Pansy Parkinson," I say. He nods and begins to ask a few questions. After a while, I cut him off and tell him as much as I can recall about what happened earlier tonight.

"So.. You don't remember or know how you got there?" "Yes. That is correct," I say, "I also don't know who took me." He nods his head and he looks to be thinking intentively. "Well," He says after rubbing his chin, "It seems to me like you have had a very long day. Not the type of day a pretty, young girl like you should ever have to go through. You know, I have a daughter your age. It would kill me if she had to go through this. I'm sorry for all of the questions. Let me take you home."

I nod my head and we get up to leave. Penny walks outside of the station with us, not letting go of my hand until after she helps me get into the car. She gives me her phone number and tells me, "Stay safe, Pansy." I nod. "Thanks."

***
I arrive home and the police officer walks me to my door. My mom answers the door and hugs me as soon as she sees me. She thanks the police officer and he leaves. My mom and I go inside, her asking questions non-stop as we do so.

"Pansy, where were you!? You've been gone for days! I was so worried-" Before I can answer, someone hugs me from behind and I scream. After calming down, I turn around to see that it's Blaise. I hug him with all my strength and cry. "Pansy, are you alright?" He asks, "I was so worried about you."

I lift my head up and see that Draco is standing behind him. He wears an awkward smile and has tears dripping down his face. I push Blaise aside to hug Draco. He smells like lemons and the hug lingers to my delight.

After moving away from Draco, I look at both of them. "I'm okay," I say, and then begin to tell the whole story from start to finish.