2 | annoying until the end

After knocking out Kid Flash, dragging him out of the ice cream parlor, and tying him with a lead rope, Artemis thought she deserved an award. The League of Shadows, however, would consider her failure until she completed her assignment.

She pulled out her wig and discarded it on the floor. Artemis quickly changed out of her silly ice cream outfit and into her green uniform. It was the first she had made it herself.

Being an assassin makes you a destroyer, not a creator, Artemis reminded herself as she reached for her bow and quiver.

Artemis had almost finished her assignment. Right now, all she had to do was shoot her arrow through the hero's heart. But there was one problem left.

The gas wore off. Kid Flash was awake and Artemis was pissed.

"Quit it," she muttered. She had her bow and arrow aimed at Kid Flash.

He wasn't scared, not even frustrated. He just sat on the chair smiling, making it harder for Artemis to concentrate and finish him off.

"Quit smiling," she said louder this time. He kept his goofy grin causing her to groan in annoyance.

"Why would I do that?" He said. She ignored him.

She supposed this was his form of payback, to taunt her by being brave until the end. Artemis had had enough of it.

She didn't care if the Shadows – or even her own father – thought she was weak, cowardly or a traitor. Artemis was sick and tired of them and she was going to do something about it.

She closed one eye, aimed for her target, and let the arrow fly.

———