10 | fin

The arrow was stopped by none other than Miss Martian. No one had seen her since she was invisible in her camouflage mode.

Then there was a cackle the Wally recognized very well. It belonged to Robin, the Boy Wonder.

Superboy and Aqualad jumped from the dome. Glass shards flew everywhere. Robin shielded Kid Flash with his cape. Miss Martian used her telekinesis to deflect the shards from hitting her and Artemis. They used this as a distraction so Robin can unlock Kid Flash and Artemis from the chains while the Shadows dodged the glass.

Once Wally and Artemis were free, Cheshire unsheathed her katana and charged at them. Robin quickly grabbed a smoke pellet from his utility belt. He unleashed it on Cheshire and grabbed Artemis and Kid Flash's arms. "Come on," He rushed them out of the smoke cloud.

Artemis tried looking for Jade and her dad, but the fight was chaotic. Superboy tossed the Shadows around to keep them off their feet. Aqualad wielded his water bearers with such grace that no assassin got a hit on him. Miss Martian sent them flying with her powers and transmitted at loud noise into their minds to keep them down.

Once the smoke cleared, Robin let go of their arms and began fighting the assassins. Kid Flash sped around them and gathered as much as he could. Artemis's wrists were still sore from the chains so she avoided flicking them while using her arrows.

Ubu suddenly got everyone's attention with a loud cry of pain. His face had a long cut across his face. Aqualad stood in front of him with his waterbearer dripping blood.

One assassin yelled, "He has spilled the blood of Ubu!"

Artemis was impressed by the Atlantian. Ubu was only Ra's's bodyguard because he has never been bested by anyone other than Al Ghul himself. The assassins fled the room, leaving only Ubu and his loyal followers.

Aqualad wiped Ubu's blood from his weapon. The assassin was fuming. "You will pay for that, sea spit."

Sea spit? Really.

"No," Aqualad said calmly, "It is you who would pay in prison."

Ubu laughed. No prison can hold him for long. He grabbed his blade and charged at Aqualad.

Artemis looked at Kid Flash and hoped he could read her facial expression.

Get him out of here.

As the blade slashed down, Kid Flash ran and dragged Aqualad out the way. To insurance his safety, Artemis shot an arrow and it hit the assassin's hand.

Ubu dropped the sword. He said something rude to her in Arabic and his followers retreated without him.

Miss Martian used her telekinesis to keep the weapons away from Ubu. Superboy held him tight as Robin tied him up. Aqualad contacted the Justice League to inform them of their situation.

Unfortunately for Artemis, Cheshire and Sportsmaster slipped away during the fight.

Artemis couldn't believe they managed to get away and she didn't stop them. It was all her fault. She frowned and kicked one of the assassin's disregard swords when no one was looking.

Wally saw though and he put a hand on her shoulder. "Arty, why are you frowning? We were saved and we caught the bad guy," he said.

"They got away," she mumbled. He knew she was talking about her family. "Don't worry we'll find them and send them to Iron Heights or Blackgate Prison where they belong," said Wally, comforting the archer girl.

"How am I supposed to do that alone?" She asked, looking at the floor with her arms crossed.

"Who ever said you were going to do that alone?" He gestured to his team. "You've got us. You've got me," She looked up at him.

"Are you asking to join your team?" She asked the speedster. He shrugged. "You can use a bow and arrow, right?" Artemis nodded. "Great! Besides the team needed a real archer anyway," he said.

She smiled. He called her a real archer. "So, what do you say, Arty?" He asked her. Artemis impulsively kissed him on the cheek. "I'm in," she whispered into his ear.

———

do you know how many times i typed 'sea shit' instead of 'sea spit'???

hope you enjoyed this & thank y'all for the reads, votes, and comments!