3 | not your problem

Artemis closed one eye, aimed for her target, and let the arrow go. She smirked when the arrow flew past Kid Flash and hit the floor. She then untied the lead rope from the chair, freeing the speedster.

"You... you're letting me go?" He asked, sounding surprised. "I thought you were going to kill me."

Artemis grabbed her stray arrow. "I'm not a murderer nor do I want to become one," she replied coolly. That's why the League of Shadows assigned her this task. A chance to prove herself, her father had told her.

A chance to prove I'm like you. Yeah, right. Artemis thought. She'd do anything to never become like the heartless assassins in the League of Shadows.

Her attention was suddenly back on Kid Flash who was smiling at her. It made Artemis want to smack him, so she did.

"Get out of here before the Shadows come looking," Artemis ordered. The redheaded speedster stubbornly shook his head.

"But what about you?" He asked.

Artemis paused. "This is my problem. I'll deal with it," She hissed.

He put his hand on her shoulder and she looked into his bright green eyes. "You don't have to face them alone," he said softly and Artemis finally returned the smile.

"Or at all," Kid Flash continued his sentence, carrying Artemis bridal style and running away from the hideout.

———

my chapter titles make no sense whatsoever