8 | meet the family

"If I die... I just want to thank you," Artemis said, ignoring the speedster's plea.

He stared at her in disbelief. "For what?" Kid Flash asked dumbfounded.

"For showing me I didn't have to be like the Shadows. That I could be my own person, not some mindless assassin," She said, looking into his emerald green eyes. Green has always been her favorite color. That's the reason her uniform was green.

He smiled at her, like when they first met at the ice cream parlor. That seemed like such a long time ago. She smiled back, but the moment didn't last.

A woman dressed in green robes with a red and grey smiling mask entered the dark room. Artemis recognized her immediately.

It was her sister.

"Cheshire," Artemis said in a monotone voice.

She took off her mask, revealing her face. It did not look friendly.

"I wish I could say I never saw this coming. Your betrayal, that is," Cheshire spoke. "You were always such a disobedient child. It was obvious you would never actually kill a person. Dad wasted so much time on you. And the worst part is that you had the potential to so much. It's in your DNA."

Artemis lowered her head. She didn't want Jade to see her panicked face. Cheshire cupped her chin with two fingers and forced the blonde to face her.

"Oh, don't be like that, Artemis," She taunted. "We should get along... after all, we are sisters."

Kid Flash's eyes widened in shock. "Cheshire is your sister!" He cried out.

"She isn't–this killer is no sister of mine," Artemis spat. Jade released her chin.

Cheshire changed the subject. She couldn't stand Artemis's hatred towards her for very long. "Oh look at that, you finally made a friend. It's too bad we will have to kill him after the Shadows get rid of you... permanently," she smirked at her sister's reaction.

"No don't!" Artemis screamed, trying to attack her, but was held back by the chains to the wall.

Cheshire laughed mockingly. "How pathetic," She kicked Artemis's chest. The blonde girl lost her breath and would have collapsed, but the chains prevented her from hitting the floor, so her body was dangling.

"Arty!" said Kid Flash, trying to go to her side. The chains held him back. He had to get them off. If Barry was in his place, he would have vibrated his molecules so fast that he could phase out of the chains a long time ago. If only Wally was faster.

But he wasn't and all he could do was watch helplessly.

Cheshire noticed how much the speedster cared for her sister. It was a weakness and she was going to exploit it and use it against him.

———

don't you hate it when your ninja family tries to kill your ninja boyfriend??

cause it's really pissing arty off