Not quiet saved

-maskys pov-

I flinched slightly as Jeff kissed me . It's not that it was bad , but I finally know what he's doing . There's another park of the legend that people barely remember. It's if you give your heart to someone and they don't give it back or they break it you can be saved with someone's else's heart . It's only a temporary thing though even if the other person does love you the merperson already gave away their heart . Jeff slowly let go of me .

" I'm ....I'm sorry " Jeff just gave me a confused look.

" why are you sorry Masky? Your the victim here "

" b-but you were right I should have know he didn't really love me . I was a fool and now you should have let me get what I deserved and let me die . It's the only thing I'm good for ..."

" as much as I wanna agree with you Right now I can't . Something just seems off I just need to find out so just let me have some time to figure it out "

" okay....if you think that something going on then maybe it is ...for now I'm just going to go sleep for a while "

" okay if you want to do that then you go do that " I let myself sink . Not many people have been down here not that they could hold there breath anyways . I like to collect stuff ....it's kind of in a merpersons nature. You want to collect trash or stuff to eventually make a nest for your eggs . It's odd to lay eggs but yet again we're not normal creatures. What's sad is I'm one of the only ones left ...and my pack or the last pack were all males .

I can lay eggs too which is weird , but that doesn't mean that I can have off spring . Even if someone was able to ....you know ... their all duds anyways . So I just burry them in a hole after I'm done . What's the point of wait for something that will never come .....what's the point of anything anymore. I suddenly feel a sharp pain in my tail that makes me whine out loud . It was a net covered in hooks . I was scared now because one I don't touch hooks or nets let alone bring them into my cave , and two I'll suffocate down here if I can't move . Even though I have gills I still need air here and there to keep everything filtered .

The net started to pull a bit causing the hooks to dig into me . I let out a cry of pain as it started to cut my tail and drag me . Why was it moving and why was it in my cave no one comes down here . I tried calling for help but who could here you underwater .  I could have grabbed something and held on , but if I did that my tail would be ripped up and I wouldn't be able to go anywhere. I get to the edge of the cave when I'm lifted out of the water . I looked around and saw I was no where near the mansion and there were men I would never forget. Poachers .....