the sight

- no one's pov-

masky hesitantly looked at the door before him. What should he say when he does enter? What would he see when he does enter that room. Hoodie said he hadn't left the room for a while and he looked terrible when he went in. Sure he could walk in and say he was okay but... maybe Toby wouldn't recognize him without a tail. He shouldn't be so worked up this was his mate he was talking about. His mate would just be happy to see him once again .....right?  This was the moment before what will happen to be revealed. This was the moment were so many paths in life could be changed... at least for some people that is, but masky will fight for his mate . 

Masky took a small breath washing away the anxiety that was surrounding him. He quietly opened the door peering in. It was dark and had things everywhere, which did not help maskys fear as he walked in the rest of the way. Maksy shut the door behind him and looked around trying to see toby anywhere which he couldn't.

"toby? are you in here ?" masky said quietly but loud enough for anyone in the room to hear. Unfortunately, The person who was in there did hear him and headed to his in the shadow of the darkness from behind. Masky, who wasn't aware of this, moved closer to the bed assuming someone must be there. The figure cautiously got closer still not making a sound. Masky sighed a bit seeing no one there and sits on the bed trying to figure out what to next when he suddenly spots the figure.  It was dark and had a deadly aura, but was shorter and had frizzed like hair.

" t-toby ?" masky said quietly with many mixed emotions.

" m-masky..." toby sounded like he hadn't talked or slept in forever, But it made masky smile never the less . 

" sorry I didn't come sooner toby ... I had to get used to my legs before I went anywhere " masky said apologetically since it was the truth. He never wanted to leave in the first place . 

" i-its fine ...I....I thought you were dead we found blood and scales and ..... I was lost ... Im so sorry masky .." toby was at the bridge of crying from the way his voice was tightened.

" there's nothing to be sorry about toby you did nothing wrong they said you had head trauma and didn't know what you were doing before and me going away was a .... it was on me I was trying something new and scary so don't take this on yourself its on both of us " masky said kindly .

"but when you see what I look like now then-" toby started but gets cut off .

" Then I will still love you nothing more to it ...so turn on the light " maksy nudged him a bit .Toby tensed a bit but did what masky asked of him. Once the light turned on maksy was shown what toby now looked like in a truly broken state. His dead ash colored, angelic feathers were now midnight black and silk looking . His eyes were no longer brown and round, but instead cat-like yellow slanted eyes . His canine teeth were now a bit larger and way sharper. There was no more resemblance to the once innocent enough, cloer to an angel boy, but there stood what appeared to be a demon. Most would be terrified at the sight and try to get away as fast as one could possibly go , But masky instead smiled happily at the sight . 

" you look.... AMAZING " masky yelled with stars in his eyes causing toby to jump but smile .

" now come here and give me a hug before we do normal people things with my brand new legs !"

~~~~~~~~~~