wobbly

- no ones pov-

masky was like a newborn deer standing up. He was wobbly and shaking as he attempted to walk with alex. Then again he's never once had legs before this nor had he thought about it. It was terrifying yet completely thrilling. As all of masky's kind they were quick learners if given the right opportunity, and that's what masky had. He had alex to help him learn a little of everything before he went back home. Although this was only temporary he had a good two and a half weeks of having legs. Once that time was up that was it, and if he has a broken bone well that bone was now broken in his tail. Getting legs wasn't as painful as maksy had expected it to be and he would gladly go back to having legs from time to time.

Once masky got the hang of walking and the feel of clothes alex suggest they do something 'normal' per say. Nothing was normal in this world but for masky his whole life was not even close to normal. He was saved by something his kind ..no... every kind feared, and has lived happily under that man's saving. who's to say that it was normal to even be what you are? Masky always imagined that somewhere in universe there is a place where no one is a hybrid. That everyone looked about the same,as in all the same arms, legs, finger, toes, anything. Of course they would all look different.... but it would be a place where everyone was the same species. He would always laugh at himself because that was a ridiculous thought because nothing like that would ever exist.

Masky and alex spent most of the day in town getting masky clothes, showing masky what restaurants were, explaining vehicles, getting him little knick knacks here and there, and so on. Finally they arrived at the mansion where the pastas lived, and masky was a little nervous. Yes these were his friends and family, but he looked different now. How is alex so sure that they'll recognize him or that they would even want him this way. He hadn't seen alex in a lifetime how did he know he could trust him.  It all starts with a wobbly first step toward the house. He looked at alex who was kindly unpacking bags of clothes and other things for masky. Then he took a small breath and walked inside. 

As he looked around he didn't see anyone around, nor did it look like the same place. All of his holes were closed up and drilled down so it seemed like they were never there. Masky got a sad look as he walked threw the empty area.

 " they really don't want me back"masky said quietly as he stopped by a covered hole.

" I highly doubt that " alex said holding most of the bags walking beside masky *

masky sighed looking around " I guess if I should ask anyone it would be hoodie... he'll sugar coat it " Masky walked up the stairs heading to the roof. Maksy never understood why hoodie wanted to be there since it rains a lot, but he is a bird so its not that unusual. As he opened the door he could already feel hoodies death glare on him...he should have remembered no one was allowed in his area before hand.  Before he knew it he was down on the floor being forced down violently with hate. Masky let out a loud whimper completely terrified of what hoodie might do to him since hes well..... since he has legs. Hoodie almost immediately stopped what he was doing and let go hopping on of him spreading some distance for safety of him and his 'nest'.  

" masky? is that you ?..." hoodie said with a slight head tilt. masky nodded a bit before engulfed in a hug.  Masky immediately hugged back being careful since he did not want to damage any of hoodies low feather. 

" We all thought you were dead!" hoodie said releasing masky .

" wow...." masky simply crosses his arms standing up " and to think my best friend would think that I would ever leave any of my precious shinnies alone for that long of a time"

hoodie shrugged a bit " sorry....... we need to get you to toby pronto "

"wh-what... hoodie I thought you knew-"

" I did !" hoodie slight shouted but after seeing masky jump a bit he lowered his voice " right you didn't see..... toby had his mind messed with on one of his missions masky he never meant to hurt you and when he thought that you were dead... he ...hes changing into something else ... something we don't understand... something more dark and broken ... if you don't come tell him your okay he may.... masky he may.."

" I got it" masky quietly said " where is he ...."

____________________________________