Missing ....as always

" Has anyone seen masky? Its been two days now I'm getting tired of waiting." 

Toby looked up a bit from where he had been sitting. Has it really been two days since he's seen masky? It did seem like that long ago that he asked to go into the mysterious void of a lake beneath the house. He barely got a glimpse of it when masky had pulled him down and that wasn't enough for him. To explore something you know nothing about is extremely tempting even if it meant death to some. Suppose that is what masky feels like all the time. It's probably the reason he tries to 'beach' himself often. Lately, though, he's been acting weird. 

He hasn't been as perky or active as he usually is. That is if he is even around to begin with. The house was so still and quiet that everyone seemed to notice the absence even if they did care. Which has lead some to think he has keeled over. However, Toby had been doing a little bit of his own research. What he could of it anyways. Why does slender have to collect only the rare varieties? It leaves little to no information about whatever you want to know about one of them.

Toby had only found one book out of all the place he has looked and scavenged. It only had a few pages he could actually read all the others pages were written in some kind of forgotten language. The pages explained what masky was in general. He wasn't a siren that's for sure those things are crazy and deadly. He wasn't a royal or "immortal" since he doesn't control any source of an element. He defiantly wasn't a hunter he can't hurt a soul or....at least not that Toby has seen. The only thing he could be is a dweller, but there's something weird about them. from what was there it made dwellers look like some kind of pet. They are actually one of the smaller species and they are very energetic and docile. 

Toby wasn't surprised to find something like this in the least. If slender was going to have something mine as well make it something that is commonly used as a pet. He still had a bad feeling about what's going on with masky though. He started to think maybe he got sick but even then masky would have made a big deal about it . He normally is over dramatic and oblivious to what he's doing. All toby can do is agree and let it settle down after a while. Like when masky asked for him to be his mate. It was way too soon for a solid relationship, but Toby agreed and let this play out as if masky asked him out on a date. He did like masky and wanted to ask that but only a week in and then asking for a lifelong commitment. He just didn't want to lose the only chance he would get. Yet, patience has paid off with a happier relationship then he thought would happen.

Once slender had left the area, to who knows where masky stuck his head out of the area he normally tries to climb out of and rested his head in his arms enjoying the cold of the air. It seemed like everything was either too cool or overheating. Masky would choose cooler over hot any day of the week but when it starts making him shiver then he'll go back to the warmth. Toby noticed the head sticking out of the little tide pool. He slowly walked over and slowly sat beside masky and stroked his hair gently. Masky closed his eyes and leaned into Tobys hand not saying anything.

" Is everything okay with you ?" Toby never creased his motions as he softly asked.

" I'm just....having seasonal issues ...It's kind of like molting, but with scales. It just seems to be longer this time around ." 

" Is that all ?"

Masky looked up at toby their eyes meeting.  Both looking for reassurance and a way to escape the will to tell the other what they want to say. Masky nuzzled his head against Tobys hand holding it as well. He goes back to closing his eyes and enjoying the feeling of his hair being slowly flattened.

"Yeah, that's all that is wrong I promise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~