Chapter 2

*Adri's POV*

We shove into the back of Andy's car. let the 9 hour drive begin. and of course 2 hours in, i'm beat.

Usually, i don't dream about my brother. He was a huge part of my life. He held me together for long time. He was like my best friend and he gave incredible advise and the weirdest thing about him was how he was always able to tell when i was gonna do something i shouldn't do. He was the one who told me off, never my dad or my mother. But, the thing about my brother was, he never followed  his own advise. "Don't do drugs, don't drink" Yeah he did all of these things. I mean i was 13 and he was 18, but still. My mom got into a car accident that killed her and he didn't create many good choices. He was just accepted into NYU when the accident happened. He went into deep depression. My dad did too. But Mark, losing my mom absolutely killed him. He would get drunk and some nights completely disappear. My dad pretty much had me live on my own. Andy and her family took care of me, and would help my father as much as they could. The nights Mark would come home, he'd come home sober, THANK GOD, but he would always cry. It took a lot of effort to get him to talk to me. I tried to give him the same advise he gave me. But would always refuse to listen. He and my dad would get into arguments so easily and he would always threaten to leave, he said that the only reason he was still there was because i was the only person who still mattered to him. He slammed the door and walked out. And that's where the dream began: 

it was foggy, it had just rained. I ran to Andy's to tell her i'm worried about my brother "Andy, he's gonna do something stupid! I have to go after him, please i beg you to come with me." she called for her mom and we went to the alley where he would always go to drink. He wasn't there. i turned around already in tears. Andy pulled me into a hug. "we'll find him"  without releasing i look up and see it, my brothers Chevy...colliding into another car. I scream, i'm sure right into Andy's ear, "NOOOOO! MARK!" Andy turns and see's it and she calls for her mom. I run over to the car and see James, Marks best friend, dead hanging out the window. I run around to the drivers side and see my brother still conscious. i start crying and speak to him "Mark look at me, l-look at me, it's Adri. Your sister. MARK PLEASE." the ambulance arrives and we go to the hospital. i start crying, knowing exactly whats gonna happen. i go into to see him. He hugs me and says the last words he ever said to me, "I love you Adri, I'm sorry i failed you. But, promise me you won't fail me,o-or Andy. That girl may be the only REAL good friend and thing you have in your life. Don't let this destroy you. DON'T END UP LIKE ME. PROMISE ME THIS RIGHT NOW. Adriana promise me right now." i cry puling his hand to my face, " I won't, i promise, Mark. I love you so much." his hand goes limp, then the beeper goes flat. "NO, MARK!! YOU CAN'T DIE!! NO MARK!" then the doctors grab me and drag me out. "I PROMISE MARK, I PROMISE!" but the dream wasn't over. at the funeral instead of how it normally goes, he speaks to me. "you lied to me"  i do a double take, "what are you talking about. "the promise you made, you lied. and trust me your gonna hurt Andy." i was so shocked. "NO! i have not and i would never hurt Andy." then he gets real close and grabs my shoulders, "Adri wake up!"and he starts shaking me.

I awake from my dream to Andy shaking me. I see were turning into her old neighborhood. The lake just as beautiful as always and  the houses as enormous as ever."I'm gonna text Hayes." I nod. I fell in love the first time I visited. I sometimes wish that i was raised here. The sun was just about to set, the scenery was just beautiful and so natural.With perfect timing we turn left  down the street and i set my eyes on Andy's mansion of a house. It' not HUGE but it was for sure way bigger than mine and her house back in Georgia. We start to pull in, and right there are two boys standing in the headlights with their arms spread wide waiting for Andy. We've arrived, The summer has officially started.

*Andy's POV*

As soon as we park, i ran out of the car and jumped into Nash's strong arms. He holds me for a long time never loosening his grip. When he finally puts me down he said in southern accent "welcome back shorty, we missed you." I laugh and push him away and embrace Hayes in the biggest hug ever. His arms tighten around me as he lifts me up and spins me around. " i missed you soooooooo much" we say as i see Adri walking Nash and hugging Nash and then walk over to Hayes who gave her a hug. I tell my parent I'd see them later and grab my duffle out of the front leaving my suitcase in the back. I run back and hug both Nash and Hayes " i missed you guys so much" the all laugh cause i have to get on my toes to reach both of them. I've always been extremely short. At 14 years old i was 5' almost 5'1. I race Adri, Nash, and Hayes down the hill separating our houses. When we reach their doorstep Nash puts a hand to signal us to stop."wait here" said Hayes, as Nash and him ran inside. His mom came out and hugged me and Adri at the same time "I've missed you girls, how've ya'll been?" "very good Mrs.Grier" responded Adri as i continue to hug my second mom. Then out of no where Skylynn pops out and hugs my leg "ANDY YOUR HERE!!" "I've missed you Sky!" then runs off to Adri and does the same process again.

We had Small-talk for a moment before Nash's mom walks off to hug and speak to my mom. Then Nash walks out to tell us we can come in. We did and i breathed in the smell of their home. It sounds weird but it always smelt like Christmas in here and i really missed the smell of it, The first thing I noticed was the banner that said welcome back, the second was 4 guys standing beneath it. "Andy, Adri, this is Matt, Cameron, Shawn and Carter, them and four other guys will be staying with us this summer." I looked at Hayes, "Is this the surprise you were talking about?" he smiles and nods. Then i smile and gasped in my head thinking, "HOLY CRAP THEY ARE SO HOT" My summer just got 20x better.

HEYY! this chapter has just been edited! Please re-read and give me feedback!! ILY!