12. TOW The Party

The first day back to work wasn't as exciting as Louis anticipated; the hours were dragging on and on and each second felt like a million years. The weather seemed to agree with that too for the day had a misty and serene aura to it. The dull clouds were sadly dancing around the sky, wetting earth with every overwhelming tear they spilled.

The gentle droplets of rain filled the flower shop with the scent of wet stone and metal. It was so calm that Louis could hear the soft pitter-patter of the rain against the window.  Louis could see the world outside of his window buzzing around and it looked like a silent film was playing. It was like the whole world was temporarily muted.

He hated it. The silence was so intense that Louis felt like it was consuming him wholly. He hated it because it was letting a whirlwind of unwanted memories and thoughts assault his brain and he couldn't stop it.

The night before a terrifying nightmare shook him awake and he was desperately looking around for Harry to comfort him until he realised that he was back in his room with only a half-dead Luke sleeping near him.

Although he would never admit it to anyone, these past two weeks with Harry have been the safest he's felt in a really long time. He wasn't afraid to fall asleep to bad memories and petrifying images roaming around his head because Harry was there to calm him down. He was there to soothe him and lull him back to sleep with his silky, cotton-like words and his reassuring warm hugs.

Louis knew that it was not good to get used to it because it was clearly temporary but no one has ever given him that much love and attention directly; not even his own family. That's why last night when he was trying to cry himself to sleep without waking up Luke, he would give up anything just to have Harry next to him and hug him and tell him that it was just a dream.

Louis knew he was in big trouble; a small lust was turning into a more permanent feeling and he had absolutely no control over it. Some days he would tell himself in the morning that he would not spend as much time with Harry, but the moment he'd see him with his stupid curls and dumb dimples he'd forget about his plan. He hated how friendly and amiable Harry was; the boy was literally radiating with love.

With a deep sigh, he picked up some new vases and walked to the flower racks. Through the window he could see the bakery; he could see Liam swaying around the place, writing down orders and picking up plates; he could see Shawn trying to play some chords and Niall helping him, not so nicely, to play them right; he could see Ed laughing at Niall and Shawn and sometimes telling them something about how they had to play.

His eyes finally landed on Harry who was sat on a chair next to the stage with his back hunched and his palm under his chin. A sliver of the sunlight was gently touching his face so his eyebrows were furrowed and he had his annoyingly cute pout on his face.

Louis looked at the time and saw that it was about eleven so he decided that he'd go over to have his breakfast/lunch.  He locked the shop's door and quickly trotted over to the bakery so that the rain wouldn't wet him.

As soon as he opened the door, he was hit with the ambrosial scent of pastries and coffee.

"Bow down, peasants, Royalty has arrived!" Louis hollered in a mock posh accent and everyone looked up from whatever they were doing to look at him.

"Lou's back!" Liam shouted back and walked up to him to hug him, "The place was so boring without you."

"I know, I can't imagine how you handled work without me." Louis smirked and then said, "Where's Jade?"

"She went back home for a couple of days," Liam answered, "I'll get your muffin and tea."

"Alright," Louis watched Liam go away to get his food and then walked towards Harry to sit next to him, "Hey, babe."