Chapter Two

Chapter 2

"STOP IT!!" I yell, "JUST STOP!!!" my dad stops hitting my mom and paces towards me. Before I know it I'm being pushed into the wall. The smell of Beer is fresh off his breath.

He starts hitting me repeatedly. Soon I am on the ground getting kicked. Finally he leaves to the back bedroom. When I get my breath back I crawl over to my mom who is face down on the ground.

"Mum, are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah sweetie." she says while gasping for air. She cups my face and her eyes start to puff up as tears stream down her face. "Jade, I am so sorry I cannot be the protective mama you need, The protective mum you deserve."

"Mum, listen to me," I don't realize I'm crying until a tear rolls down my cheek and hits the floor,"It's okay, it's okay. Will be okay. Your the best mama I could ever ask for." I then kiss her cheek as she swipes my tears away.

I soon bring myself to get off the floor and help my mother also. I lead my mom to my room and lay her down so she can rest her sore back from the beating.

"I'll be right back I'm going to go take a shower." I whisper to her.

I walk down the hall and turn to the left and turn into the big bathroom. The shower is White tiled with a tan colored tile on the floor. I take off my sweatshirt that hangs down to mid-thigh, then I take off my solid black leggings. I slowly take out my hair bun trying not to hurt my bruised wrist. My brown hair flows out of the band and falls about half way down my back.

I turn the shower to half and half waiting for the heat to jolt onto my hand.

I then get in the warm shower. As it pelts against my back "Trust Me" by The Fray blasts out my phone. I begin lip syncing a long with the words. I trace the bar of soap around my bruises on my stomach to my upper arm down to my thighs. Some of them sting more than others and some are starting to fade.

I don't want to leave my mother out there too long so after "Wild Heart" by The Vamps ends I quickly jump out dry off my body and blow dry my hair.

I change into my CYC pants, my Moms old Percussion Sweatshirt, and headed down the hall to my room. when I came back she was safe and sound asleep. I pulled the covers up to her shoulders and made me a spot on the ground.

This is usually how it is. My dad is gone for the whole day while my mom and I are at school and work. Then when we get home she put the normal Advil out on the counter and a glass of water. He comes home drinks, takes the pill, and we hear glass shattering and hollering. Then it's time for us... and I think you'll know what that means.

Same stuff everyday.

--------

My phone starts to buzz on my pillow. Its 7:00 a.m. that means time for High School. AKA Soon to be the death of me. I get up off the floor and slowly smooth my mums hair out of her face. Her eyes flutter open and I tell her that it's time to get up.

I walk to my bathroom and do the normal routine putting on my foundation and blush, adding the base coat to my eye lids and a bit of brown. I add dark Brown eye liner and a bit of mascara.

I Take my long brown hair and start to untangle it. I curl the ends, not that anyone would even notice. I walk back to my bedroom and open my closet door. I finally decide on wearing a white "Loser" shirt with black suspenders connecting to my jean shorts with black spandex coming lower than my shorts. I slip on my black converse, walk down the stairs and kiss my mom on the cheek.

"I love you mama! call me if you need me I'm gonna head to school!" I say to her as I head towards the garage

"Okay baby, love you too!" she calls back.

I walk out the garage door and grab my keys to my truck. My truck is all red with a cream strip heading Down both sides of the car. Last year when I turned 16, when my "dad" was more sobered up, he got it for me for my birthday.

Sometimes I think of how life would be if he wasn't a drunkie. I wonder what would have happened if he never stepped foot in the bar.

I start the engine and back out of the garage.

When I pull up to Ridge Wood High-School it's 10 minutes till 8:45. (time that school starts) I park near the football stadium. I unbuckle quickly, grab my bag and books, and hurry across the street into the North building to my first class of the day.

History.

I promise you School will be the end of me if my dad or the demons don't end me first.

-------

A/N Thanks so much Madi for giving me a shout out (: that was so sweet of you!

Thank you to everyone who's read my first and second chapter so far. you should go and read two of my best friends story's their really good!! If you have any suggestions please tell me.

This is a Niall Horan Fan Fiction he will probably be coming in probably around the 4th or 5th chapter idk?

Please Vote, Comment, and Follow me

also follow

@Cutiepiemadi_loves1D

and....

@Softball_girl148

there both great and supportive. (: thanks so much bye!!! ☺️

-Abby💕