Chapter Nine

Cover credits to @BEANIENIALLER thanks so much💕 love it!!

Also, go check out her book "You and I" super good so far.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 9

When the elevator doors open I grab Niall's hand and lead him out of the small space.

We walk quickly down the hall looking at each number.

765, 766, 767, ah. Here we are... 768

We turn into the left room and Niall begins to cry at the sight of his pale almost bloodless looking father. He runs up to his dad and gives him a soft hug and whispers a quick "I love you" to him. "Everything will be okay." Niall assured him.

Bobby sheds a tear and says ii love you back.

I actually felt for him. Of course I wasn't crying. I've never met the man, but there was this sharp pain in my chest that made me mournful for the pain that his dad was in.

I waited three hours with Niall in the waiting room while his dad was in surgery. Of course you would think 'oh it's just hip surgery.' Well, it's more than that. Niall told me while waiting that a couple years ago that when his dad broke his right hip that he would need to be careful because it was very important that he didn't break his other hip. Well now that he has it's very life threatening.

30 more minutes pass and a doctor walks out. His face hanging low. Niall looks up to the doctor with the mask on his chin and rubber gloves. I can tell Niall knows what the doctor is about to say because tears stream down his face. No sobs leave his lips. Just tears. I rub his back in a clockwise motion as the doctor gives the news that Bobby didn't make it. Niall's mother gets up and wraps her hands around Niall's waist.

They stand there for about ten straight minutes sobbing trying to comfort one another. Niall then let's go of his mother and reaches for my hand to help me up out of the chair. I take his hand and he pulls me into a hug.

I don't back out of the hug but embrace it. A single tear leaves my eye, but I quickly wipe it away. I've always been the type of person to care for others and understand others. So crying for people it haven't met wasn't really a new thing. Soon, Niall releases me and wipes his face with a tissue that his mom passes to him and we walk towards the door that leads out of the hospital.

Niall and his mom get into his car and I give him one last hug goodbye. As he hugged me he whispered something in my ear.

"Thank you"

And with that he got into his car, And drove away.

I walked back into the hospital and went up to my moms room. When I walk in she's playing the 2048 game. Typical.

"Hey sweetie how'd the date go? You were out for quite sometime." she said closing the app

"Mom. It wasn't a date. And some stuff came up" I said rolling my eyes, "well we went to Steak & Shake and it all went good. Niall spilled his drink. He got a ton of food. He got a call and went outside. I found out that Tomo is coming back! Niall came back crying. He got a phone call that his dad was in the hospital. This one and so I drove him back here. We waited for hours in the waiting room and then the doctor came back with bad news mama." I look at the ground, "He didn't make it."

She gasped. "That's terrible. Awe that poor boy."

"Yeah"

"Well are you gonna help or anything?"

"Only if they want me to of course."

She nods and goes back to playing her game.

I slouch down into my chair, "Mom... When do you get out of the hospital?"