Chapter Thirteen

*RECAP*

About 15 minutes later we pull up and have no sight of my dads car so we get out and hurry into the house.

As I open the door I almost immediately regret it. I see a total drunken man, passed out on the table with a beer in hand and 4 other bottles crushed against the walls and floor.

Papers were scattered everywhere. I tip toe over to one of the papers and recognize it's the divorce papers mum was talking about.

I turn around and see that my mum has walked into the room. She instantly pulls out her phone and signals for me to come out of the house. I do as she says and walks out, shutting the door behind me.

.....

Chapter 13

As the car that holds my 'so called father' pulled off my dads driveway, my mum cried into my shoulder.

We got our things from my dads house and drove off to our new house.

-------

Slowly a week passed and not many words came from me or my mum except for simple small talk about how schools been going. I've given Niall some space to clear his head about his dad. Even at school, I keep my head down like usual and he stays with his group of friends. I text him every now and then to check on him but, other than that I just leave him be.

Finally, I broke the everlasting silence that i've grown fond of in our new home.

"Mum, how long is dad gonna be in the rehab facility?" I ask when a commercial break comes on.

"Until he gets better sweetie" she says not taking her eyes off the TV.

I nod and walk to my new room taking out my phone from my purse.

Right as I take out my phone I begins buzzing. I look down at the collar ID and smile.

I press the answer button, "Hey Lou!"

"Hey Jade! I got some great news!"

"and... It is...?"

"Once your school gets out my family will be moving to your neighborhood! My mum and your mum talked about your new move and she told my mum that there was a new house down the street from yours!"

"EEKK!! REALLY LOU?!"

"YEAH!"

"YAY! That's great news!"

"Yeah! I'm really excited!"

When I was about to say something else but, another call was coming in. I take my phone away from my ear to see Niall was calling.

"Hey lou, I'll talk to you later I have another call coming in."

"Alright, bye"

"Bye!"