Chapter Five

Chapter 5

I ended up staying with my mom for the last three days in the hospital. She's been getting better. The doctor said that when she "Fell down a flight of stairs" it was a pretty bad fall. She had a head trauma and a couple broken ribs.

Soon my mama rustles around in the creaky bed and slowly attempts to sits up.

"Jade, will you get me some water please?"

As soon as she says that I'm up on my feet.

"Yes ma'am" I reply and walk out the door.

As I walk through the halls I get a couple unpleasant glances from different people that are passing.

Probably because I look and probably smell like I've been eaten by an elephant and pooped out.

I've been crying non-stop these past three days and I am in grey sweats and a red long sleeve shirt. My hair is in a high bun with a black bandana holding it back.

I know I shouldn't be crying over this still. But I've had enough and I can't always be there for my mom. It's hard, and I have no one to talk to. That makes it worse.

I finally arrive at the café.

I walk up in line and of corse of all people I know who could be here it's Niall Fricken Horan.

He's standing three people down in the food line. Why? Just why? Out of all people it has to be him.

I mean it's sorta a win-lose thing.

Win because he's gorgeous and I get to see him.

Lose because if he turns around he has to see the elephant poop.

When he gets to the cashier I'm at the ice bucket getting a water.

He slowly picks his tray up and gives his one-of-a-kind smiles at the woman. She returns it and I quickly look away and act like I'm looking for another drink.

When I think he's past I pick the water up again and turn around.

"If your looking for the last lemonade, I have it sorry." Niall says with a smirk,

"But, of corse if you want it you can have it. It's no big deal."

I freeze and mentally beat myself up. Why Jade? Why didn't you just wait to get your mom a water? Or maybe showered and cleaned up a bit? Oh yeah because you love her and you don't care about your appearance that's why.

"Uh... no it's fine." I say looking down at my feet avoiding his deep sea blue eyes.

"Honestly it's fine if you do." He says back

"No it's okay I just needed a water."

"Okay." He replies back with a smile.

He walks with me to the cashier. I start fishing out my blue chevron wallet from my pocket but, his hand on my arm stops me.

"No, it's okay I got it." He says laying down $2.00

The cashier takes the money and hands him the change.

"Thanks" I say quietly as I concentrate on the floor beneath me.

"No problem. Would you like to sit with me?" He answers back

"Uh I'm sorta in a hurry to get this up to my mom."

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know you were in a rush. Do you want me to walk up with you?" He says as he sets his tray down with what looks like his older brother maybe.

"Um, no it's alright."

"Okay... Uh... Could I maybe get you number?" He says shyly

My heart falls and I freeze up. Niall Horan is asking for my number.

What?

This has to be a prank. It has to be.

I look like poop standing here and he's asking for my number. It's just as a friend.

Yup. That's it. A friendly thing. But I'm okay with that. I'd rather be his friend. Wouldn't I?

"Jade?" Niall says waving his hand in front of my face

"Oh." I say as I feel my cheeks getting hot, "sorry. Uhm. Sure. Yeah."

He chuckles and brings out his blue iPhone 5. He hands it to me and I type in +1 (456)-567-9384 and put my name in. (Idk who's number that is. I typed it in random...)

"Thanks" He's said.

He quickly typed something in and my phone In my front pocket of my sweats chimed. I took it out and typed in my code and look at my message.

+1(456)-579-3684: "Hello 😁🍀 you won't steal my food will you?"

I start laughing while putting his number in my contact and replied:

Me: "Maybe.👀"

Niall🍀: "🙊NO!!!"

I laugh again and look up at him.

"We're standing right next to each other yet texting." And we both laugh.

"I'm sorry but my moms waiting for me."

"No, no your okay. See ya later?"

"Yeah." I say with a smile and walk toward the elevator with the bottle of water.

---------------

(A/N) Is the story okay? Should I make the chapters longer? Or are they okay.

Please give me feedback. It helps me and my writing.

Comment

Vote

Share

Ect....

Thanks (: -Abby💕