Chapter Six

Chapter 6

When I got back up to the hospital room I poured my mom some water from the bottle and handed it to her.

"How ya feelin' Mama?" I asked as she swallowed a small amount of the water.

"Better than three days ago" she says with a weak laugh

"Well, when did they say you would be going home?"

"Um I think whenever my head gets a little better." She replies, " and Jade I think you need to know that I'm probably going to be moving out of the house. I already talked to him about it. That's sorta. Uh. How this all came about."

My mouth completely drops open. I honestly don't know how to feel about this. I'm so proud of her. This Is amazing.

"Will I be able to live with you?" I say with hope.

"That's the thing. Your dad wants you to stay with him. I don't want you there alone with him. So we made a bit of a compromise. I said I get you until he sobered up for more than 2 weeks in advanced of you staying over there and if you don't want to stay over there you don't have to." She says with bravery in her voice.

"Thank you so much mama! I'm so proud." I say walking over towards her bed now leaning over to give her a light hug and kiss on the forehead.

"No problem sweetie. I've been looking at some really nice places to live away from his house that I need you to look at before We plan on moving. There all 2 bedroom houses with a average front yard, 2 full baths 1 half, living space, nice kitchen and two park garage. I think you like them."

"Okay! I'm excited!" I say clapping my hands.

"Good!" She says with another weak smile.

My phone vibrates from the chair across the room and I speed walk over to it.

Niall: "Hello there shortie! How's it going with your mom?"

A smile appears to my face. This day is probably the best day in a long time.

I reply back: "Hey! (: Its going good thanks! Wbu? I don't know why your hear... But is everything okay?"

A couple seconds later a texts comes in and notifies my phone.

Niall: "Great! I'm good too thanks. I'm here because my sister-in-law is in labor. She's been in labor for a while. It's taking FOREVER! :/"

Me: "Oh. Okay! Well, I hope she delivers the baby safely."

Niall: "Yeah me too"

"Jade, who are you texting?" My mama say's to me across the room.

"Oh, just a guy from my school." I say back hoping I don't get another question from her but I know she will keep asking me. 

"Jade Amelia Thirlwall you tell me who this young man is." She says back sternly 

"Fine. His name is Niall."

"And...?"

"And what?"

"Tell me more."

"His name is Niall, He goes to my school, he is in most of my classes, we've only talked like three times, and I ran into him down stairs and he asked for my number."

"He likes you."

"Mom, you say that if a guy glances at me at a store. I promise you he doesn't. He just thought I was a good writer."

"Whatever you say." She replies back with a smug look on her face. 

I roll my eyes and click the home button on my phone and click on my twitter. As scroll through the tweets I'm following, a notification pops up on my account. It reads "Niall Horan has followed you" I then hit the home button and go to my messages.