Chapter Twelve

Chapter 12

I walk into my mums room and see that she is up and had her stuff in hand.

I look at her puzzled, "Mum?"

"Yes?" she asks

"Your getting to leave?" I say with a smile beginning to spread across my face.

She nods and I run and give her a huge hug.

"Why didn't you call me or something?!" I ask rather loudly.

"Because I asked to leave early so that we can get to our all new, already furnished house on the other side of town!!" she says squealing.

I squeal along with her and jump up and down, "NO WAY!!"

"WAY!!!" she replies

"Yay! Let's go then!"

"Okay go and get the car. I'm going to go sign and pay for stuff, okay?"

I nod and kiss her cheek.

I practically skipped down the hall and smash the number 1 button. I could barely stand still. When the doors opened, I ran to the car and started it up.

I waited until I saw my mum walk out the doors. I pulled out and drove under the awning and put it in park. I unbuckled and walked around to help her get into the truck.

I shut her door and walked back around. I got into the car and got into the highway.

"So, where is the new house!"

"It's more towards west Greenock, Glasglow." she says looking at me, "You will still be able to go to the same school. It'll actually be closer."

I smile and thank her repeatedly.

"What about dad?" I ask her with a worried look.

"He doesn't know the address and I've already talked to a lawyer about... you know... splitting up with him, a restraining order, and full custody over you."

My face falls. As much as I dislike the man, he is my dad. I love him. Yes, he can be terrifying and harmful to our family but, there have been the very few times that he has been sober and the father I've dreamed of.

My mum wipes away a tear that I had not known was trailing down my cheek. I sniff and continue to head west.

The drive was quiet then on out with the occasional light sniffs coming from me.

...

10 minutes later we arrive in a rather nice neighborhood.

"Turn right, and then it's the 5th house on the left."

I pull into the driveway and turn off the truck. I sat and gazed at the new house my mum and I would make many memories in. It was a bigger house than I imagined, but not to big. I unbuckle and open the door.

I squeal for the 10 millionth time to day and run to help my mum out. After that we both hurried to the door and she pulled out the keys.

She unlocks the door and we charge in.

The inside was just beautiful!! Amazing modern living room right when you walk in. Black wood flooring. On the hardwood flooring there laid a gorgeous rug with a black coffee table and a TV hanging above a fire place.

The house was just breath taking. Way more beautiful than I was expecting.

We continued on with the house heading to the right to the kitchen.

Black cabinets again, with gray walls and accent color blue curtains and picture frames. Along with marble counters and a silver fridge, microwave, oven and stove.

After gazing at the kitchen we walk back out of the kitchen to the back door in the Living room that leads out onto a back porch with a not yet filled up pool below in the grass.

We headed back into the house and head to the left taking a look at the bed rooms. The first bedroom is on the left.

We walk in and there was a Queen size bed with a dark grey patterned comforter with white fluff pillows. There was a window seat to the left that had Christmas lights hanging around the outline of the wall.

A huge white fuzzy carpet laid in front of the bed and door to the entrance. To the right there was a Black, wooden chest of drawers. Next to the drawers there was a white door which led to the bathroom.

"This is all beautiful, Mum!" I say looking at her

"I'm so glad you like it. I'm excited to move onto the next portion of our life." she says with a smile and brings me into a hug.

"Okay, so is this my room?"

She nods

"Okay, let's go look at yours!!" I clap and shoo her out of the room

We walk into her room causing our mouths to drop.

"This is gorgeous!!" We both say at the same time.

Nice black wood, like the rest of the house, a beautiful small chandelier, Dark gray curtains, King size bed, a patterned bed spread, white blanket, light gray rug, white headboard, Bathroom to the right, walk in closet to the left, and a TV hanging to the right.

Once we both finished looking at all the features we walked out to the truck.

"So, what's the game plan?" I ask

"Well, it's... about 1:00 now. Your father doesn't get home till 4:00. We have three hours to get all our clothes, bathroom stuff, chargers, shoes, and anything else you need... okay?"

I nod and start up the car and drive as fast as in can.

....

About 15 minutes later we pull up and have no sight of my dads car so we get out and hurry into the house.

As I open the door I almost immediately regret it. I see a total drunken man, passed out on the table with a beer in hand and 4 other bottles crushed against the walls and floor.

Papers were scattered everywhere. I tip toe over to one of the papers and recognize it's the divorce papers mum was talking about.

I turn around and see that my mum has walked into the room. She instantly pulls out her phone and signals for me to come out of the house. I do as she says and walks out, shutting the door behind me.

..............

(A/N): Sorry for the bad cliffhanger. I just needed to update since I'm a bad person and haven't updated in like 3 weeks. I apologize. Again, I'm sorry for my crappy writing, I don't really like this chapter at all but hopefully the next chapter will be better. If you have any feedback you would like to give to me you can either DM me, tweet me, or you can get my kik from me and we can talk there. Thanks so much for reading!! means so much to me. 

Please...

DM

COMMENT

SHARE

VOTE

ETC...

Again thank you so so much!! Love you all!! -Abby <3