9 ✓

It was now night time. Evelyn, Jonathan and Evan sat around the fire while O'Connell checked on the Americans.

"What do you suppose killed him?" Evelyn asked still shaken uped by the wardens sudden death.

"Did you ever see him eat?" Jonathan asked trying to lighten up the mood.

"You shouldn't worry, Evy." Evan told her sister. O'Connell then walks back to them. 

"Seems like the Americans had little misadventure of their own today, three of their diggers were killed." O'Connell told them as he crouch beside Evan who was sitting besides Evelyn.

"What?" Evelyn asked shocked at the news.

"How?" Evan asked and O'Connell looked at her.

"Salt acid. Pressurized salt acid. Some sort of ancient booby-trap." O'Connell told her.

"Maybe this place really is cursed." Jonathan said as he threw some sand to the fire. A gust of wind blows through the camp. The campfire flickers. Jonathan and O'Connell share a nervous look. Evelyn laughs while Evan just looks at the fire.

"For goodness sake you two." Evelyn scowled. O'Connell plays around with the fire.

"You don't believe in curses, huh?" O'Connell asked not looking at Evelyn.

"Of course she doesn't." Evan said and looked at O'Connell.

"I believe if I can see it and I can touch it, then it's real. That's what I believe." Evelyn told O'Connell.  O'Connell cocks his rifle and gives Evan a big grin.

"I believe in being prepared." O'Connell said. Evan turned towards Evelyn and O'Connell with a smile.

"I believe in being open minded." Evan said and turned towards her brother.

"Lets see what our stinky friend believed in." Jonathan said and Evan smacked the back of his head.

"Have you no respect for the dead!?" Evan snapped and Jonathan glared at his sister. Jonathan opens the Warden's pouch. He reaches in, starts scrounging around. Suddenly, Jonathan screams in pain and rips his hand back out of the pouch. O'Connell, Evelyn and Evan jump.

"What?! What is it?!" O'Connell asked frantically. Evan had pulled out her gun and pointed it at the pouch. Jonathan sucks his finger, then reaches back into the pouch and pulls out a liquor bottle, the top has been chipped off.

"Seagrams!" Jonathan exclaimed in happiness. Jonathan smiles at the bottle, then turns the pouch inside out and shakes it, nothing but sand is inside it. Evan slowly puts her gun away and glares at her brother.

"You-" Evan wasn't in the mood to insult her brother softly she let him be. Jonathan takes a swig. O'Connell and Evelyn laugh, guiltily and then O'Connell suddenly kneels down and sticks his ear to the sand. Evelyn, Jonathan and Evan watch him. Then a barage of gunfire is heard coming from the American camp.

O'Connell jumps up and throws the elephant gun to Evan, "Stay here." O'Connell said and Evan glared at him. The dark haired girl threw the gun to Evelyn and stood up with O'Connell.

O'Connell and Evan take off running through the ruins. Evelyn immediately gets up and runs after the two. Jonathan grabs a gun, holds the bottle of Seagrams; tight and dashes after her.

Evan takes out her guns and runs side by side with O'Connell.

"Evy! Evan! Excuse me! But didn't the man just say--!" Jonathan was ignored. The American camp is under siege. Two dozen Mumia riders gallop through, firing rifles. Several Diggers are killed as they run. The Americans leap out of their tents firing. Kill multiple riders. Daniels is shot, spins and falls, keeps shooting. Henderson and Burns run to his aid, blasting away.