Rory who?

"Lorelai Gilmore?" My new professor says.
"I prefer Rory."
"That's good to know. Rory, would you sit please?" Professor Marx says.

I sit and look at him.
"So, I would like to see if you'd be interested in interning with me this summer, doing medical research and writing reports for medical journals. You'd have weekends off unless you wanted to work. Work starts at 8:30am and ends at 3pm, and you have from 12 to 1pm for lunch. How does that sound?" Professor Marx says.
"That sounds amazing, sir.  Would I stay on campus?" I ask.
"Of course, I'll make sure you have a dorm here. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the internship is paid. You'll get $18 per hour, and unlimited meal swipes for the duration." He says.
"Oh that's amazing sir. Is anyone else interning for you as well?" I ask.
"Yes, a young lad named Logan Huntzberger.  He's more into the business side if things and keeping things ethical and the financial side of things, as well as journalism so I'm sure the two if you will find plenty of things to talk about." Professor Marx says.
"I'm sure we will. Is this all or is there more?  I have to go call my mom, she'd want to hear more about this." I say.
"No, that's it.  I'll contact you with a meeting time for you and Logan." He says.
"Thank you sir." I say and grab my bag and leave the office.

"Mom you'll never guess what just happened!" I say into my cell phone.
"What!" She says back.
"I got a laid internship at Yale this summer doing medical research and writing articles!  Wait are you at Luke's?  Is he telling you to get off the phone?" I ask after telling her.
"Yup!  Wanna say hi?" Mom asks.
"Out me in speaker phone!" I say.
"Hello Rory. How many times have I told your mom not to use cell phones here?" Luke says into the phone.
"Hey Luke!  I gotta tell me mom to stop with the cell phone thing!  But she'll probably listen to you better!" I say. He's been in love with her for years. And she's been in love with him for years. And yet the both seem to ignore it... for some unknown reason.
"I gotta go Luke!  I'll be back in Stars Hollow this weekend!" I say.
"Bye honey!" Mom says over the speaker.
"Bye!" I say and hang up. 

I'm digging my keys for my room out of my purse when I smash into a human blocking my way.

"Watch it!" I say as my coffee spills.
"Sorry!" The man says.
"It's fine. I just wasted a coffee." I say looking up. Damn he's hot.  I wonder if he's single... probably not- not with those good looks.

"I'll buy you another one.  I'm Logan Huntzberger." He says.
"Rory Gilmore." I say.
"Gilmore?  Any relation to Emily and Richard?" He asks.
"Yes, they're my grandparents. Do you know them?" I ask.
"Yes, they're good friends with my parents." He says.
"That's cool." I say awkwardly.
"Yeah. So that coffee?" He asks, pointing towards New Haven.
"Sure. Thanks." I say with a smile.