Party Planning

Emily's POV
"Honor Huntzburger? Yes. Thank you." I say and wait to be connected.
"Emily! So good to hear from you! I just left Rory and Logan's." Honor says.
"Hi Honor. How are they?" I ask.
"They're doing well. Rory is going to call you soon." Honor says. "Anyway, when can we meet for tea or coffee to plan for the baby shower?"
"I'm free this Saturday, if that works for you. You can come over for tea and some lunch." I say.
"That's perfect. I'll see you then, Emily!" Honor says.
"Yes, see you then." I say, and we hang up.

A few moments later my cell phone starts buzzing again. Ugh, I will never get used to this.

"Hello?" I answer.
"Hi Grandma! I wanted to let you know a few things about the baby!" Rory says.
"Oh?"
"Yes, we're having a girl!" Rory says.
"Oh that's great! Do you have a color theme? I'll need your input on the guest list for the baby shower." I say. I'm going to be a great grandma. Oh my god. Where has the time gone? I remember Rory when she was a little toddler, then when she was starting at Chilton.
"Yeah, we decided on light green and lavender colours. If you send me the guest list, I can look over it this weekend." Rory says.
"Alright. I'll need your help with the registry too, as I have no idea what you've already bought." I say.
"Okay. I have time Saturday if you want to meet?" Rory suggests.
"Well, Honor is coming over for lunch, why don't you come too?" I say.
"Perfect. See you then Grandma!" Rory says and we hang up.

I'm walking around the giant house, the house Richard and I shared for so many years. This house has so many memories. I stop at the door that leads to Lorelei's old room, which has been closed for so long now. I really should clear this out. I also really don't need this much space. Maybe I'll look for a smaller house. Still int he area, but less stairs and less rooms.

I g over to the media room, and open Firefox. I search the interwebs for listings in the area, and I come across this little house, about a block or two away from here. I call the number listed and request to see it. I get a time for tomorrow afternoon. Perfect. It's got a nice kitchen, decent living room, proper dining room, and entryway. It says three bedrooms, which is perfect. One for guests, and one for my great granddaughter.

*Next Day*
I view the house, and I end up loving it so much that I put an offer in. I decide to give Logan and Rory my house, because I'm sure they'll want more kids, and I want them to have it. I don't want them to have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a house they don't love. I know Rory loves this house, and loves Richard's study.

*Saturday, Rory's POV*
"Rory, Logan, come in, come in. Honor is on the patio with binders of stuff, and it's a little overwhelming." Grandma says, ushering us in.
"Hey Grandma. Binders? At least we know what there is to plan." I say, taking my coat off.

We go onto the patio, and true to Grandma's word, Honor has four 3 inch binders, all opened to various pages, and her laptop on the table.

"Rory! Logan! It;s go good to see you guys! Alright, first things first, guest list." Honor says.
"Getting right down to business! Alright. Well, let me grab something to drink first, then we can get started." I say, moving towards the kitchen.

"Rory, before we go and plan everything, I want to talk to you and Logan once Honor leaves." Grandma says.
"Okay. I'm just happy to see you!" I say.
"Me too, Rory. Now, let's get this planned!" Grandma says.

We plan for the baby shower all afternoon, and finally Honor says she needs to pick her kids up from their Russian math class or soccer or something, I wasn't paying attention. I'm far too famished to focus that much, and cucumber sandwiches are not filling in the slightest.

"Grandma, can we order a pizza or Chinese food or something before you talk to us?" I ask.
"Oh of course. I'm sorry. I should have had more food out." Grandma says.