005

It is almost time for my date with Paul. Rachel is over helping me find the perfect dress. Sam is visiting Jacob, making sure is doing okay with the phase.

The dress Rachel finds for me is perfect. It doesn't help lower my concern on where Paul made reservations. She gets into my shoe chest and she finds me a good pair of shoes. She curls my shoulder length hair and she walks out to see if Paul's ready yet. He is getting ready in the bathroom.

"Magnolia, Paul's ready!" Rachel calls.

I step out and Sam's here too.

"I have decided to pay Jacob a visit tomorrow; with Jared, Paul, and Embry." Sam says.

"Alright." I smile. "You can be sure my place isn't robbed."

"I'll stick around here until your return." Sam says. "Paul, Anne is off today."

"I'll have Magnolia drop me off after our date." Paul says.

"Okay." Sam smiles. "I'll keep an eye on my cousin for you."

Paul smiles before we leave the house. He has my car key, because he has insisted he drives. I fasten my seatbelt before Paul pulls away from the house, and he drives towards Port Angeles.

He pulls up to a beautiful Japanese red, it has a beautiful Japanese build. The name is in the Japanese language, so I cannot tell you the name of it, honestly. They should have at least out a translation.

---

After the restaurant, Paul drives us to a huffs rose garden.

There are red roses, white roses, and white roses

There are red roses, white roses, and white roses. I stand on the sidewalk and I smile at the roses surrounding me. Paul is standing behind me and he kisses my cheek.

At the back of the walking sidewalk, there is a huge circular area with a picnic set up. I have a seat on one side of the picnic basket, and Paul sits on the opposite side. He opens the basket and takes out food.

"Let me guess." I mumble. "Anne cooked?"

Paul smiles. "Yes, she did, but it is amazing."

"Of course it is, someone else cooked it Paul." I smile. "It's okay. This is beautiful."

"Yeah, that's why I chose the rose garden." Paul says with a smile.

We eat the picnic. I didn't eat much at the restaurant, and Paul has a dog appetite and can eat a lot at once and not be full. I kind of wish I had gotten the wolf gene. I take a piece of meatloaf and put it on one of the paper plates Paul was smart enough to pack for this date.

"Anne is an amazing cook." I smile.

"Well, Magnolia, I bet she'd appreciate the compliment." Paul winks.

"Don't suck up, babe." I wink. "I am dropping you off at your mom's, and I'm going to my home, where I hope Sam is successfully watching my place."

Paul shrugs. "Understandable. You left a trustworthy, honest pack alpha to watch the house. What could he possibly do?"

---

The house is a wreck with beer cans when I arrive home. What could he possibility do?! Sam through a party for the pack, knowing how they like to drink. Sam is passed out dunk on the couch, and Jared helps me clean soberly.

"I didn't drink." Jared says. "I was the one who watched the house, made sure they didn't break anything."

I smile. "Thanks."

We finish cleaning up and Jared goes to the guest room. I smile to myself and I go to my room. I close the door and I sit in front of my vanity. I see a girl with a real smile, finally. I haven't smiled a real smile since my mother's burial.

Jared walks in, wearing a pair of Paul's sweat pants and no shirt. He sits on my bed and he grabs a ItGirl magazine and he flips through the pages. I furrow my eyebrow before I begin removing what little makeup I have on, then I remove my heels.

"Maggie, I'm hungry." Jared says before his belly growls.

"Get out of my room." I say. "I need to change into something a tad more appropriate for guests."

"I think you look amazing." Jared compliments fondly. "But okay. I'll go."

I close my bedroom behind him and I strip from my dress and heels. I put on some knee length black shorts, a black training bra, and some gray knee length socks. I brush my hair once more before going to the kitchen.

I cook steak, mashed potatoes with chives, macaroni and cheese, grilled hot dogs, and some Chinese noodles. I call Jared in before I go to my room, grab a silk robe, and I go into the bathroom. My cell buzzes on the sink counter and I see Paul's name on the caller ID.

"Hey Paul, how's Anne?" I ask as I start the heater, I put my boyfriend on speaker.

"She's good." Paul replies. "Can I come over?"

"Yeah." I reply as I take the training bra and socks off. "I jut cooked. You better hurry before a hungover Sam and a sober Jared eat it all."

"Hungover?" Paul laughs. "He partied while you were gone. I'm leaving now. Enjoy your shower, love."

I hang up and I step under the water, and I turn a tad bit of cold water on. I place my head under the water and a wave of relaxation fills my body. I wash my hair with coconut scented shampoo and conditioner. The body wash I choose is banana scented.

I wrap a silk robe around me and I blow dry my hair. I walk into the living room, in my robe, and Paul is chatting with Sam. Sam looks pained, and Jared appears to be amused by all of this.

"Boys, go home." I say. "Paul can stay if he likes though. I'm going to bed."

I go to my room and I close my door. I take my robe off and I lay in my bed. Paul is in his boxers and in the bed within in the next half hour. He is snuggled up to me and we both fall asleep in each other's arms.