Chapter 25

Zoey's Pov:

Yesterday we went to Demi's concert, which was the last one in this town, and today she's leaving. I know I should be sad or... something... but I just feel kind of numb. I don't know what the hell is going on inside my brain at the moment. I mean, I'm not going to see my girlfriend for a month and I'm not even sad... it's fucked up. It feels like I don't care about the fact that she's leaving... which is weird because I do. I don't know how to explain it. But I do recognize this feeling, the numbness, it's the feeling I get before I snap. Before all my anger comes bursting out of me. I know that within a couple weeks, maybe even days, I will snap and I will have another tantrum or whatever the fuck you want to call it.

"Zoey... ZOEY!!!" Demi waves her hand in front of my face, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I ask her, she sighs.

"I said I have to go... I have to get on the bus" She says. She looks sad, like she's about to cry.

"Oh... Bye, I guess... I'll miss you" I say with an awkward smile. She smiles at me but I can see tears forming in her eyes. Her lip is starting to quiver and... there go the waterworks. Shit!

"Babe don't cry" I tell her while I wipe away her tears with my thumb.

"It's j-just... I-I'm just g-gonna miss y-you" She sobs, I sigh before I pull her into a hug. She cries into my shoulder and I can feel her tears soak my hoodie.

"I'm going to miss you too but we can still Skype and face-time and call and text... and don't be shy to tweet about how much you miss my awesomeness" I say jokingly, she giggles and pulls away from the hug. Her hands cup my cheeks and she leans in for a gentle kiss. I tighten my arms around her waist and kiss her back softly. I can taste her tears through the kiss but I don't care. In a weird way it just makes it more special. When she hears the honk from the tour bus Demi pulls away. And smiles at me sadly.

"Bye, baby" She tells me. I kiss her cheek before taking my hands off her waist and stuffing them in the pockets of my jeans.

"Bye beautiful" She kisses my cheek one last time before she walks onto the bus.

---

 "Yo dyke!" I sigh and turn around to see Jake. I guess his suspension is over then.

"Look pretty boy, I'm not in a good mood so I suggest you don't piss me off" I say. Demi left two days ago and I feel like I can snap any second... Plus you know... it's Monday so, I'm never in a good mood on Monday. I also haven't talked to either Austin or Amber in two days because I don't want to snap in front of them. At first Austin kept bugging me but I think Amber noticed what's going on and told him to back off.

"Ha! You think I'm scared of you, you fucking dyke!" Jake yelled at me. By now a group of people have surrounded us, all waiting for a fight.

"I'm not saying you're scared of me. I'm just saying you should be... And 'dyke' really? That's the best you could come up with?! Like come on dude, at least try to be creative!" I tell him.

"Shut up you slut! You sure act though but we all know that deep inside you're just a scared little girl!" He tells me, I roll my eyes.

"Yes, you're right. You sure caught me! I am just a little girl who pretended to kick your ass, how many times now? 17? I don't know, I lost count" I say sarcastically before I turn around and walk away. But I stop when I hear a familiar voice ask "What's going on?". I turn around just in time to see Jake pull Amber in for a rough kiss while she tries to push him off her. That's it!