Chapter 1 - Just Friends

"Dylan, stop. Seriously, we need to get this done." I laughed, pushing Dylan away so he couldn't tickle me anymore. Dylan just smirked.

Me and Dylan had been best friends since sixth grade, when I had moved from Tennessee. I had no friends at the time, but then he came up to me and bam, we were inseparable.

I placed the book back into my lap and picked up my pencil. "Ughhhh, Aubree, I don't get this." Dylan fell back on my bed and I followed. "Just a few more problems and we'll be done." Dylan sat back up and grabbed his pencil.

After about an hour of attempting at the problems, we finished. We went downstairs. Neither one of my parents were home from work yet. "Want anything?" I said, opening the refrigerator. "I'll take a water." "Think fast." I yelled, throwing the bottle. He obviously wasn't paying attention because I heard a thunk and an "ow." I turned around and Dylan was rubbing the side of his head. "Oh my gosh, Dyl! I'm so sorry!" I rushed over to him and checked over the newly coming bump and bruise.

"Breeeezy, it's okay." he put his hand over the bump and smiled. I felt so bad. "Muahhhh!" I fake kissed it better. He laughed. "Kiss it. Make the pain go away." I placed my lips slightly on the bump and jerked away. "There." "Feeling better already." he said, a smile spreading across his face.

I got an ice pack and put it on his bump, hoping the swelling would go down. "You need to stop worrying about me. I'll be okay." he grabbed the ice pack from me and placed it on his head. I shrugged and sat down next to him. I placed my head on his shoulder.

"Are you okay?" he asked, worry overcoming his voice. "Yeahhhh, why?" "You're acting different." I looked down and fumbled with my thumbs. "Dylan, I might be moving back to Tennessee." my eyes swole with tears.