Chapter 3: Jakob

Mom looked at me with a questioning look.

"You look like hell," she continued to look at me.

"Thanks mom. Just what I wanted to hear." I rolled my eyes and then went upstairs to the bathroom to clean up. I splashed some water on my face and looked myself over in the mirror. She was right, I did look like hell. I decided to do more than clean up. 

I walked over to my room and grabbed an oversized t-shirt and shorts. I turned the water in the shower on letting it run for a minute before getting in. I wanted to make sure that it was nice and hot. When I climbed in I felt the warm water run over my skin. It felt nice. No. It felt like heaven. I stayed in the shower for a while, enjoying the warmth from the water, letting it travel my exposed skin. I was startled by a loud knock on the door.

"Jakob, hurry up! You have school tomorrow." Mom talked loud and then footsteps went on down the hall, and I heard a door shut. Jeez my mother was loud!

I completely forgot tomorrow was the first day of school. New home, new school, new people. I hopped out of the shower into the steam in the bathroom. I took a towel from the rack and wiped the steam from the mirror to look myself over. I looked so much better, but still not good enough. I brushed my jet black hair. My hair ran down over my eyes, covering my blue eyes. I hated my looks. I was nothing but ugly.

I dressed quickly and exited the bathroom. Walking across the hallway, I noticed something shining on the ground. I picked it up and read it. I was startled. It was a condom wrapper. I guess this must mean that mom has somebody, somewhere. Embarassed, I walked into my room, and shut the door. I threw my clothes in the basket, and climbed into my bed. The ice cold sheets caressed my warm skin. I pulled the cover over and turned on my side. I fell asleep.