Chapter 13

Tuesday and Wednesday came and went in a flash. Word spread quickly around the school about the little encounter between Madison and me. I did not think it was much of a big deal but the rest of the school did. Every time I would pass Madison she would stare daggers into my as if she was plotting to murder me. Seriously, that girl was on some high trip and she needed to bring down, this is high school and in the real world, she would not make it.

It was now Thursday night and I was studying for my quiz in history tomorrow, I have been staring at this crap for hours now and nothing seems to be sinking in. I rubbed hand on my forehead this is pointless. I closed my book and laid my head down, with any hope maybe the information will seep though the pages and into my brain.

Just as I closed my eyes, my room filled with Lorde’s Gore and Glory. I grabbed my phone to see who text me. My phone lit up ‘Robbie’  and a small smile crept to my lips. Yeah so I like him and he like me no big deal right.

~Hey gorgeous, wat u doing.~

~Studying for history 2mrow, u.~

~nothing, bored~

~oh, I am sorry.~

~ wanna do something?~

I really should study but hell, I am not getting anywhere with it. Maybe a break would help.

~Sure.~

~sweet, be there in ten.~

I set my phone down and went to the bathroom to make sure I looked ok. I fixed my hair and left it at that. I skipped down the stairs and made my way to the kitchen.

“Someone seems happy.” Stacy observed.

“A little, um can I go out with a friend for a bit.”

“Is this friend a boy?” She sent me an ‘I know that look’ look.

“Yeah,”

“Okay, but not too late, you have school tomorrow.”

I gave her a hug. “Thank you.”

The doorbell rang and before I could answer it Amanda had beat me to it.

“Oh, hey Robbie, I didn’t know you were coming over.” She said curiously

“A, yeah I asked Rochelle if she wanted to do something.” He responded.

“Oh, Really.” Her eyebrows rose and her voice mimicked ace Ventura.

“Yes really and now we got to go.” I grabbed Robbie’s hand and pulled him out the door before she could say anything else.

“ Bye, see you later.” We waved to her.

We got in Robbie’s car and drove off. We were not even to the end of the road when my phone went off.

~u better explain when u get back.~ Amanda sent. I just closed out of it and locked my phone.

“Who was that?” Robbie asked

“Amanda.”

“Oh, is she mad?”

“No.”

We drove in silence for a while. I was not sure where we were going but I really did not care. Robbie turned onto a dirt road when my curiosity got the best of me.

“Where are we going?”

“You will see.”

“Robbie, are you taking me some where to kill me?” I gave him an uneasy look.