Chapter 2: Odd Co-Workers

???s POV

I was met in the hallway by a female that was close to my age. She was about my height and was rather surprised by my appearance. Understandably, I'm not usually what people expect for a female doctor. She had what looked like to be a neck brace wrapped around her forehead for a sort of headband. She had bandages that went up to just above her nose so only her pale blue eyes were visible. She had her dark hair in dreadlocks and in a ponytail that went through the headband and the sides went underneath it and hung at the sides of her face. 

Her entire right arm and neck were wrapped along with her breasts. Her left arm was wrapped from her hand to half way up to her mid bicep. She wore baggy camouflage pants with tan bags on either hip, she wore no shoes and her feet were wrapped as well. 

"Hello, I'm Mira Naigus, but you can just call me Naigus. You must be the new doctor, and if you'll follow me I'll lead you to your new office and infirmary." she said and I gave a small nod and she turned before walking away and I followed. 

She talked about how the infirmary usually isn't very full unless its for sports physicals or battle injuries. Which wasn't surprising considering this is a sort of battle school. We turned a few corners and we were eventually met with a door that had the word Infirmary at the top. She opened the door and gave me a key for me to use when I get here in the morning. "You may sub for Dr. Stein at times when he is absent since you have an understanding for Biology as he does." She said. 

'There's that name again. Dr. Stein. But at least now I have a little more insight on him.' 

I gave a nod and she turned to leave before snapping back around and I looked at her slightly. "I never got your name Doctor." she said. 

With a straight face and little to no emotion I answered. "It's Dr. Perry." I said. 

She gave a nod. "Yes, Dr. Perry. I will leave you to get familiar with your new office and I look forward to working with you." she said. 

I gave a nod before turning my attention to other things. I heard the soft click of the door close and I looked at the palm of my pale hand. The key that I had given was one of the very few that I owned. It was a small copper key that looked to be as old as the building was. It was even old fashioned and had a small cross at the end that probably had stood for infirmary or some other medical purpose. At the opposite end there were three spikes similar to the ones on Lord Death's mask. Although they were separate lengths. 

I put it in my lab coat pocket and retrieved my lavender music player. I unwound my earbuds from the small device and put them in as my usual rock metal songs played. I looked around and made my way quietly to the first filing cabinet that met my vision and began to sift through it for patient files that I could catch up on. 

I was snapped from my thoughts as I felt a hand on my shoulder. Upon instinct I grabbed the hand and with my free one grabbed the person by the throat and slammed them into the wall. My light brown eyes were met with one hazel eye and one with an eye patch. I blinked and slowly let the person go noticing they were female. I removed my earbuds and looked down on them slightly as they were a little shorter than I. She had long blonde hair and a black and yellow dress with white boots. 

She looked at me for a second before smiling. "I'm Marie Mjolnir. I'm a teacher here at the DWMA and Lord Death had requested for me to bring you to the lunch room." she said.