Chapter 9

^^ That pic makes me feel some type of way. Hot damn. And my sister laughed at me because I like to attempt to sing and dance to Despacito but like ??
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drew admitting his feeling actually DIDN'T happen to fast because 1) they've known each other for over a month and sure, maybe the love thing was a bit much but he's never experienced love before so he's not entirely sure (tho in his defense, he said I think I'm falling in love) and 2) this is suppose to be a SHORT STORY, of course it moves fast.

On another note: Y'all ain't ready for this chapter. Shit is about to go down.

Words: 2303

*-*-*

Z A Y N

I looked at the blonde headed boy standing in front of me. I could feel the shock inside of me at his confession but my face remained blank throughout it.

I wasn't disappointed, no I was far far from disappointed. I was actually pretty awe'd by it but also shocked.

One second he goes from having no contact with me to confessing he may be falling in love with me?

He's known me for a little over a month, and more than half the time we were sneaking behind my families back to meet up, he didn't know much about me.

How could he be feeling so strongly for me already?

He was shifting from foot to foot and glancing at me nervously. "Um, Zayn? Please say something."

I bit my lip, "You barely know anything about me."

He tilted his head and narrowed his eyes a bit in question. "I know more than you think. I know what makes you happy, I know what makes you sad. I know that you actually adore working at the bakery even though you will not admit it. I know that you come to this lake when you are feeling sad because the way the moon or sun reflects off of it makes it look absolutely gorgeous. I know that you refuse to admit it but you actually adored the fact that I never left you alone. And you love the fact that Teresa refuses to stop inviting you to dinner even though she has money problem."

He stepped closer to me and grabbed my hands. "You also hate that you have trouble saying no to people. You hate that you cannot hate your family despite all the deplorable things they have done to you. You hate the fact that there are starving people in this great kingdom that you cannot help."

He squeezed my hands. "I know so many things about you, Zayn. I can easily say that I like you for who you are and I am more than willing to continue to get to know you if you will have me."

I felt my face grow hot at his declaration. He had no hesitation in blurting any of it out.

"Why did you not meet me here the night of the ball?" Instead of giving him a straight forward answer, I wanted the question that has really been bothering me answered first.

He bit his lip and pulled it into his mouth, a extremely nervous face forming. "T-That is a bit more of a complex situation than it seems."

"I do not want complex, I want an answer, please."