|His Name Was Nick|

(Quick note): this isn't anything to do with YouTube, but something that I'm scared will happen. This is based off a true story except for the end. But I'm scared this is how it will end....

    We say we use YouTube as our escape. But is that true? Of course, we use it to forget the pain of that day. Whatever sadness you were feeling in that moment disappears the second you hit that play button.
    I didn't believe in this much as I was always happy. But things went down the second i started high school and I understood now.
    But there was this boy, not much older then me. He was quiet and never talked. I've never seen him smile, until one day.
    I saw him sitting on the floor, earbuds in just starring at his phone. He was smiling,laughing even. All the teachers thought he was always on his phone goofing off texting. But I knew what he was really doing.
    He had found YouTube, his escape. This went on for the whole school year, until one day the teacher took his phone away. He had drifted to far...
   We made eye contact, he looked scared and I couldn't understand why at the time.
    But now I do, they had just taken his whole life away, he panicked because he didn't know how to function without what he loved.
   This is an example of the people who found their high but couldn't come down, lost in their world they forgot what life really was.
    At the end of the year, I watched him leave the building phone in hand. But when he got inside his car, I watched as his dad yelled at him, screaming he took the boys phone. And slammed it against the dashboard, It shattered.
   Once again we made eye contact, I saw him fall apart. Shattered like the glass of his phone. Then they drove away.
    The next year I didn't see him, I wondered what had happened that summer. When I walked into last class there was picture on the wall, candles on a table I front of it.
    As I got closer to the picture I saw it was him. His sad green eyes, curly brown hair.
    Suicide.... he was gone now and I never even knew his name, nor what his voice even sounded like.
    I broke down right there, I didn't understand why. I never even talked to him. But little did I know, I had grown a strong liking to him. I read over the note that was posted up.

Nick....his name was nick.