Chapter 12: Battle Plan

Maggie, the Dormouse, mom, my new-found dad, the March Hare, and I all went to the abandoned castle of the White Queen. Mom said her armor was there. It took us hours to get there, but we eventuially got to the path of broken white bricks and dying white blossom trees. Maggie and I ran towards the yellowing castle. The others walked.

Inside the castle was dusty. I found a bell in the living room and rang it. Hundreds of men and women in servant outfits came running. Maggie and I were amazed that they were still here. Maggie sent all of them to clean the castle and the gardens. In only a couple of hours, the place was nice and tidy. We found the armory. It had the armour our mother used to defeat the Jabberwockey and banish the Red Queen.

"Now, gather the army in the garden!" Mother yelled from downstairs. Maggie and I ran outside and watched as an army of yellowing chess pieces lined up in the garden.

"Why are you guys so yellow?" I asked.

"Nobody has taken care of us, miss." One of them responded. "We were left here to die after our Queen died. Now that Alice and the 2nd twin have returned, we are ready to fight." And with that, we strategized a battle plan.