The Journey Begins

(Lincoln's POV)

5 a.m.

I woke up earlier than usual today. It was kinda rare that we woke up at that time, but the good thing was that I wasn't really pissed off today.

We were ready.

I packed my stuff, very much of it are my orange shirts. Anything that would be essential for the next 4 or 5 days. I had to prepare my phone from the very start, by charging it to 100%. I had to use it for my future memories, of course--this is the moment of a lifetime.

I brought my stuff outside, and I saw that all of my sisters had awakened. They also had packed their stuff. Some of them were larger than mine, including Lynn's, which had sporting stuff in it.

Luna's had her guitar in it. I was not sure what was it for.

"Okay, I'll go start up the car. That means I'm off the hook, as always." Lori said.

What she meant was that we, except Lori, were going to race against each other for one objective: Take a seat of what I've called "The Sweet Spot", and to avoid the soggy seat. You don't want to be stuck there all day.

So without any start cue, we raced our way through the hallway, and as we ran downstairs, Lynn and Luna were in front of me, having prepared from the beginning.

We sprang through the front door, and the Vanzilla was in my sight. Lynn grabbed hold of the van door, but instead of opening it, she fell down. The other sisters raced, trying to pull the door open, but they couldn't. I wondered if Lori had turned on the van.

"Wait, why is this door couldn't open?" Lola asked. "Maybe one of you locked it on purpose, so I couldn't get there first." Lynn said.

Lori groaned. "No, definitely not me. Can't you see I'm innocent?"

"Hold on," Lana said. "I'll check if something happened." She opened the engine hood, and examined it like her usual stuff. She came back out a minute later, and said," Huh, that's weird. There's nothing wrong with the engine or cables."

"Well, I guess the door is jammed, because I can't stop listening to it!" Luan laughed.

"Hold on, I'll check on that small gap on the door. I'll see if something has made the door jammed." Lana said. So with a thin crowbar, she tried to pull the door open. We helped her.

After several attempts, the door finally burst open. Without hesitating, I got back up again and ran inside the van. I had the sweet spot right under my butt soon after, forcing Lynn and Luna to sit on those regular seats. "Yes, sweet victory, uh-huh," I was gonna do the victory dance, but I wasn't risking to lose that spot. Anyway, Leni was forced to seat at the soggy seat. I reckon she couldn't respond that fast than any of us.

"Huh, so lucky you are," Lola grunted, having to seat besides Lucy and Lana, who almost got the soggy seat.

"Guys, there's glue on the door." Lucy pointed out. That realized me.

It was done on purpose.

"It's not just any glue." Luan said. "This is my superglue. Very sticky."

Soon after, Mom and Dad came. "Mom! Dad! There's glue on the door. One of them glued the door so that one could reach the sweet spot! That one should be grounded!" Lola screamed.

"I don't know, sweetheart." Mom said. "It's just a little jammed. Not a big problem."

"Your mom's right, why don't we just enjoy the trip? " Dad said, and hearing it makes us cheerful once again. "Wait, where are we going? To the mall?" Leni asked.

But I didn't notice a real, true smile from our parents. They just grinned, trying to make it look happy. I was also curious why did they let us off the hook from that glued door issue. I mean, they would at least give us reprimand.

As our stuff was ready, we were ready to go. Before we left our house, I remembered Ronnie Anne. Again, she appeared in front of my mind. I didn't want to look sad, cause it would make my sisters meddle in again. So, without Lynn's notice, who was beside me, I reached my phone and wanted to text Ronnie Anne. I hesitated at first, but I knew I had to be bold, so I texted:

"Hey, Ronnie Anne. Imma about to go on a short holiday. Hope you have a great time with your family. I'll be just fine. I promise. Sorry, I might've overreacted, heehee. Anyway, gotta go. See ya."

I gotta admit, I was pretty relieved when I finished texting. I felt like I was reconnected after a short while.

That's when Lynn came in. "Hey Linc, whatcha doing there? You should have a day schedule to visit your favorite cartoon place. "

"Oh yes, I um, searching the Beach City places on my phone." I chuckled. "Gotta be prepared. What are you gonna do there, anyway?"

"Surfing. I know I live far away from beach, so this is my chance to taste the salt water for once." Lynn said.

The van drove away. The unexpected journey, that would blow your minds away, began.

A/N: Hey guys! So sorry I was off for a long while, but I promise I'll update this. The upcoming chapters will be more exciting, so stay tuned!