Worried

I could only sleep for only an hour, before our parents woke us up for breakfast.

"Finally. Sleeping in this crowded bed could ruin my hair and dress." Lola said.

"Let's see what's up for breakfast." Lana said, excitedly. She liked that "best diner in the world".

I couldn't eat, still thinking about last night's episodes. Many things were in my head, and most of them involving Lynn. Seeing that she was now a target to the Diamonds, I knew I should turn around and head back home before it's too late. I knew one thing that the crystal gems nor the Homeworld gems wouldn't mess other people's business outside Beach City.

But before I could talk to my parents, I held it back. I wondered what would be their reaction if they found out about last night. Our family wouldn't be the same. We would be like Steven's life, always filled with unexpected conflicts.

But if we continued our trip, who knows what risk we would take. Also, my sisters are also as hyped as I am to visit Beach City. If I turned back, it would create a different conflict--a sister conflict. Besides, Steven and The Crystal Gems are the strongest people I knew--they would also protect us. It was stated at their theme song: "That's why the people on this world believe in Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl, and Steven!"

Then Luna interrupted my thoughts. "Hey, bro, what's the ups? You look worried. Is everything okay?"

"No, nothing. I'm fine." I said. "Hey Luna, if you keep worrying about someone about something, what should you do?"

"Easy bro, just talk to that person about that something. Just like they say, 'I write sins, not tragedies.' If ya know what I mean."

"Huh, is that an influence from Luan?" I asked. "Nah, she won't understand that joke. It's a rock joke, or should I say roke." Luna answered with laughter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon after, we packed our stuff to the vanzilla, and were ready to take off once again. According to Lisa's estimation, we should be there at 4 pm.

My mind couldn't take off that mystery figure last night. She isn't just a threat to Lynn, but to us all. She would know that we were her family and would take us all to no other than otherworldly Homeworld. And I hesitated to talk to Lynn about what happened last night. I wanted to choose a perfect timing.

Everyone was in the van short after, except Leni, who didn't remember when she put her stuff. We all sighed.

So I helped her find her stuff. It could clear my mind from last night's incidents. It didn't work though, at least I found Leni's stuff at the bathroom.

Both of us finally got back in the van and once again, mom and dad drove the van away from the motel, continuing the trip.

It really sucks of why I didn't have guts to talk to mom and dad to turn around. The motel was the point of no return.

Now I could understand why mom and dad were worried in the first place. And now I was as worried as them.

Lynn was beside me again, and she looked more active than ever. I couldn't ignore her, she kept punching me along the way.

And finally, after five dreadful hours, I decided to talk to her

And finally, after five dreadful hours, I decided to talk to her. "Hey Lynn."

"Hey bro. You seem kinda tired these times. Can't sleep, huh? Can't wait for the trip of your lifetime? Here, I give you my baseball, so you can play with that Steven later on." She threw her baseball, before I caught it.

One thing I had to do, was to keep Lynn out of everyone's radar later at the Beach City. Because I knew too much attention would likely end up at something bad.

And I wasn't gonna let Lynn being taken by that creepy little fairy.

"Uh... Lynn? I've watched some episodes of Steven Universe, and it looks like you're not gonna fit in them." I said.

"Huh? Why?" Lynn asked.

"Uhh, because, they might think that you're a sport girl, and it will..."

"Oh, so you're saying that I am not a great friend?" Her face started to fill with anger.

"No, no. It's because Steven is busy recently and..."

"You're saying that I shouldn't be at this trip! I don't belong at Beach City! They will hate me because of who I am! That's what you mean?" She grabbed my shirt.

"No, I..."

"You're just jealous because I will have so many things to do, and I will have many friends! You think this is only your trip? This is a family trip, Lincoln! We stick together!"

"I..."

"Well fine then." Lynn took the baseball that she gave to me. She turned away from me. I think I just made it worse.

Since then, we didn't talk anymore. Lynn was still very excited as usual to the other sisters, though, while I was anxious as the vanzilla entered Delaware.

I tried to fall asleep, but last night's thoughts still haunted me. What will I do now?  I thought.

I was daydreaming at the rest of the trip, while my sisters kept asking me questions. I just answered, "Yes", "No", and "Maybe". I wasn't ready to ask Lynn again, neither my parents.

Speaking of which, Mom and Dad wasn't as nervous as yesterday. They somehow calmed a bit. This chilled me out.

Then, something dropped from the front seat. It slid under the seat, and to my feet. I took a close look. It was a book. Red, covered with leather, and not really thick. The same book I saw last night, the one that Dad threw to the ground.

I decided to read inside, while my parents aren't watching. And the first thing I saw at the front page, was a writing:

By Lynn Loud II

I didn't understand whom it belonged to. At that time, I assumed that it was either Lynn, my sister, or my dad. So I continued reading.

"For my fellow family and friends, and my future grandchildren. I have a pretty disordered life, and I am a man that probably the most important man on the planet we called Earth. My comrades are also the most important army in the world. And I am glad to be part of them. What is written next would be my life biography, and probably would also be surprising, so please understand wisely, for the world's sake. Remember that this is TOP SECRET."

I had a hard time understanding it. Was Dad a secret general? Was he joining a secret army? I wanted to read the next part with much curiosity, but Dad said on the front seat, "Where is my book? Honey, do you see it?"

I quickly closed the book, tucking it inside the front seat. Dad found it under his seat. "Oh, here it is."

At that moment, I thought I was the only one knew about the secret book. A top-secret book. That's my current interest. I wanted to know why my parents hid those things from us.

A/N: Hey guys, I'm back! Sorry for the delay. And sorry if the chapter isn't really interesting. I didn't know a better plot, so I hope you enjoy! Next chapter coming soon!