twelve

LEXA...

I was sat crossed legged on my bed, writing my English literature essay. My hair was thrown into an insanely messy bun, not that instagram crap you see with the perfect tumblr girl sporting an immaculate 'messy' bun. My pyjamas were baggy and oversized - just the way I liked them.

Yes- I did block Harry. It was a long time ago though and he'd been horrible to Justin so we both just randomly decided to block him as some sort of revenge. Please, I'd have had a bloody heart attack if he'd cared about me blocking him. It only acted as proof to me and Justin that we hated him. I'd never met him but all I had to know was that he got Justin benched for an entire season.

He would have been disappointed by the pictures anyways. No selfies, no me. Just ugly candids of Justin and photos of oceanship. To say I had self esteem issues was an understatement. I hated the way I looked. In my opinion, I had nothing right with me. I was just a plain old, ugly, short, boring creature that people referred to as 'lexa'. Truthfully, the only selfies I had ever taken were primarily for me to check if I had a double chin or not. They were immediately deleted after I realised I did and allowed my confidence to sink even lower than it was. Some may say this is impossible... not for Lexa Hart.

I groaned loudly and threw my pen on the floor. 'Enough of that' I thought to myself.

My head was a mess, I was confused about that girl, confused about why Harry was all of a sudden so into me, confused about why Justin was all of a sudden so into Anna, and why he randomly liked Harry so much. None of it made any sense. I thought my life was monotonous and now it was a mental symphony. 

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket so I popped it out to check if it was anything excited... (wishful thinking perhaps). I'd received a text from Justin, which was good. Our messages to eachother were generally great conversations.

Slagface: you blocked Harry? Why?

Yes, I had Justin saved as Slagface.

You know I did, He benched you.

Slagface: he just snapped me, he tried to follow you.

O shit no. I don't want him to follow me. That's stalkerish behaviour if u ask me 😂

Slagface: I don't care, Lexa. Unblock him.

His new tone suddenly alarmed me. Having to pick up how he was feeling through text was hard enough but it was pretty obvious when he decided to be a blunt bitch. I stuck out my bottom lip.

Why are you so adamant that I do?

JUSTIN...

When Harry texted me about Lexa blocking him, honestly, I burst into laughter. I remembered the exact occasion we both decided to make our personal vendetta against Harry 'official'. After I'd gotten the laughing out of the way, I became weirdly stern. I had to make sure that Harry stayed on the team and I'm not sure why he wanted to be so desperate but he was planning on talking to her.

I felt bad for Lexa- that's a given. She was clever though, she could figure it out for herself and we needed Harry 110%

All that ran through my head was 'oh my God, I'm such bad person' or something along those lines. I wasn't wrong. I was being a shady, manipulative freak.

Lekser: why are you so adamant that I do?

I breathed in sharply. I wasn't about to tell her that obviously. She didn't deserve any of this. At all. I wanted to let her know, I needed to make sure that she didn't fall for Harry and become an inside joke. She was my best friend and I took complete responsibility for her. Although, I also needed Harry on the team - desperately.

I ship it.

Yes that's the best I could come up with. She shipped everything and everyone. Saying this was basically speaking in her only language.

Lekser: omd shut up 😂 he'll have to ask me himself

I let out a laugh before sighing and rolling my eyes. She was being over the top about Harry, seriously, she's beautiful. She shouldn't have to be confused about Harry or anyone thinking that. In my opinion, she needed to just get on with it instead of being all surprised about harry.

The group chat had been all over the place ever since the day Corey announced his plan. Fucking sick but I can't do anything about it. I knew that almost 3/4 of the team already had the girls they chose hanging off of them so I felt slightly behind. In my defense, I had picked my psycho ex girlfriend who hates my guts. It was almost impossible to get her back. Almost.

I had a plan that involved Lexa, of course. I couldn't keep her out of trouble if I tried - it was like a defect of being my friend. Lexa was very good at talking to people and in the past, she'd been good friends with Anna. They still would be if I hadn't dumped her.

I knew that Lexa could talk her round. It would be painful to sit and watch Lexa take part in this but you gotta do what you gotta do.