six

HARRY

I constantly apologized to thin air. I didn't know her, I could hardly remember her face. Yet I was working on a plan in order to break her heart in a matter of months.

I had a reputation to maintain. If I told Corey that I was worried about this, he'd laugh in my face and make it harder for me to complete. I've hurt too many girls in the past, to do it to My team mates friend would surely only end in travesty.

The team worked wonders for me, a skinny nerd doesn't become popular over night. I worked for it. If I was unfit, the team wouldn't take me. So I worked out at the gym every night after school. I ditched maths and science and all that jazz, gave up on things that caused laughter wherever I ventured, and picked up a football. Since then I'd never looked back... and I vow that I never will.

********

I decided that I would take a more subtle approach. Forget the stupid attitude I usually used. That only worked on most girls, not all. Each time I contemplated my tactics I felt myself plunge deeper and deeper Into confusions as to why I allowed Corey to have such an impact on me. I could get any girl I wanted yet the artificial aspects of this 'bet' left me with no game. It was like I'd gone back to square one. Generally, my genuine self was enough to bag myself a girl but how could I use that when I was too afraid of losing my place that I became somebody completely different?

My phone lit up, snatching my thoughts right out of my head.

Miller : bring the keys round?

I rolled my eyes. It was Millers week to be in charge of our garage. He never failed to forget to pick up the keys from my house. Our band practiced every 3 days to fit around our schedules. We kept it as an extremely secret secret because noone wants a band on the football team. Our reputations were on the line!

I sang, I never thought I was very good or impressive but It was all I could do. Miller played drums and Rowan played guitar. We never had a bassist but we needed one, our songs were lead a bit astray without one due to Millers lack of progress since he started drumming. His focus was almost primarily on football and that was fine with us.

I grabbed my phone and pulled up his text, beginning to type back a reply.

Yeah Omw

Jamming my phone into my pocket, I hurried towards my front door and notified my mom about where I was going. She nodded in reply and told me to 'make sure to bring a coat' because it was 'slightly nippy'. I didn't bring a coat.

It was a short drive - only 10 minutes or so. Still, it was annoying that I had to go out of my own way to give Miller something because he couldn't be bothered to get it himself like we agreed.

I hooked my phone up to my car radio and played some of my music. Although, I didn't pay attention. I was too locked in my own mind to listen. That was unusual.
Finally, I pulled up outside Millers house. I heard the loud thumping of music and immediately blamed it on his brother, he barely went a week without at least 2 party's.

I knocked on his front door forcefully. Waiting for Miller was like waiting for paint to dry. Long and boring.

"Harryyyy" Ashton, Millers brother smiled widely. "Miller's inside. In the living room, if you want him"

Ashton moved aside, allowing me to walk past him and lead me through various hallways to find Miller. I thanked him and opened the door.

As I entered, I soon found out that the music was in fact coming from Millers speaker. My eyes scanned the entire room before landing on Miller, who was being Straddled by a girl I presumed was his 'assignment'. Well he moved quickly. Looking back now, I can't blame him. He was only trying to get this over with but in that moment I couldn't imagine anything worse.

How could he have started so quickly? How could he do that to someone without taking their feelings into consideration at the beginning?

I clenched my jaw shut and threw his keys at his chest with force. "I'll let myself out"

Miller's eyebrows knitted together as he whispered something in the girls ear, making her giggle. I felt bad for her. Nevertheless, I was a hypocrite. I was going to do the same thing soon... I had to. Being mad at Miller just allowed me to blame my anger on something other than myself for once.

I know, weird right? What type of guy does this? I was usually all over girls. I guess it was just the concept of Corey's plan that got to me. It played with my head. I used to promise I wouldn't turn into the people I hated. Yet here I am - Harry Styles - and I'm sticking around.

______________________

I know it's taking too long to get to the actually story line but please read on. It'll be there soon. Xoxo