five

LEXA

I scrambled around my bedroom for my phone. I was starting to hate my younger self for setting my ring tone as 'just dance'... I guess you could say my music taste had progressed a lot.

Flipping my pillow forcefully, I finally found my iPhone. I whispered 'hallelujah' before tapping the green button and using a false spirit in my tone.

"Justin! Hey" I smiled, lifting the phone to my ear.

"YO YO YO, Lexaaaa" He shouted with a fake, gangster accent.

"Awww I can practically see the gun sign through the phone" I laughed sarcastically. 

"I hate you" He giggled "I'm coming over" Justin hung up abruptly, causing me to jerk my head back in confusion.

I sat on my bed with twilight in hand,waiting for Justins arrival. I didn't care how mainstream, the books were my life line. I managed to read a few pages before I heard Justins signature tune drumming on my front door. With an acknowledging yell, I hurried down the stairs towards the door.

"Oh hey, I'm sorry. We don't accept Jahovahs witnesses" I said flatly, slamming the heavy door back in his face.

Justin jammed his foot infront of the door, not allowing me to shut the door any further. "Why are you so horrible to me?" He laughed and I shrugged.

Once upstairs, justin wrapped my duvet around his head and lay faced down on my bed. He groaned an extremely audible groan and proceeded to turn his head to stare at me, searching for sympathy.

I scoffed "What's up nunface?"

"I don't know what to do, Lexa. I need Anna back" He pouted, much to my surprise.

"You're joking... please tell me you're joking." I pleaded, Anna was toxic for him. She was a vile human being.

"Nooooo" He rolled over

I sat down beside him 'Justin... she's a bloody Psycho"

JUSTIN

I knew Lexa was right. Everybody knew Lexa was right but I had no choice. Having Lexa on my side to get a girl gave me a lot more of a chance, she was amazing at things like this. Of course, I wished I could tell her the truth of why I 'needed' Anna back so much, however, this would be impossible if I wanted to keep Harry on the team... If I wanted to stay on the team.

"I know, but she's my psycho" I muttered, immediately regretting my soppy, cringe comment. Talking about Anna like like that left a bitter taste in my mouth.

"OH MY GOD" I heard Lexa screech while laughing. She calmed down after seeing my fake glare of pitiful sadness. "Awww I'm sorry, look, if you really want her back I can help... try to help"

And that's when the guilt struck. How could I pretend to be in love with someone? How could I publicly embarrass someone? Even someone as horrible as Anna. Corey had us all under his thumb. This wasn't my personality, not even close.

Hiding this from Lexa made Me feel sick. I was playing a part in something that would inevitably hurt her. How could I? Corey's plan was twisted and evil.

My screen suddenly lit up with a text from the team chat. Most of us were being distant to avoid finding ourselves in even more if a mess.

"Who's that?" Lexa asked.

"Oh, um... just Corey, about the game on Friday." I nodded, attempting to stay calm.

I read the text in my head.

Corey : you better be.

His text left me confused and angry, similar to every word that came out of his mouth. I checked the group chat to figure out who he was talking to and why he seemed so stern. Scrolling up, I noticed Lexas name had been mentioned.

Corey : you seemed scared today styles, sure you can handle it?

Harry : It's Lexa, how hard could it be? A girl like that wouldn't pass up the opportunity to go on a date with anyone.

Corey : so you're on it?

Harry : yeah.

Corey : you better be.

In that moment, my heart stopped beating. I can't lie, after what Harry said, I trusted the guy not to hurt Lexa as much as he had the power to do. My guilt suddenly accelerated from 0-100 and caused me to close my eyes and freeze.

"Justin, are you OK? Did someone say something?" Lexa asked whilst shuffling closer to me, attempting to look at my screen.

I pulled my phone away and sat up straight. "Y... yeah" I stammered "Yes I'm fine. I have to go"

I nodded towards her and ran to my car.

LEXA

"You just got here" I yelled but there was not reply.

He seemed awfully rushed, he always acted weird before a big game so I brushed it off as nerves.

I wondered if it was anything I said. I didn't mean to be so touchy about Anna, I swear I thought he was joking. Maybe he really did love her... if that was the case then I had to be supportive. No matter how much it kills me. Because we're best friends, and that's what best friends do.

______________________

I hate this chapter, I'm sorry it's written so poorly :')

Thankyou so much for reading up to here!! It means so much xoxoxoxo