COAF: Chapter Nine (1st draft)

Chapter 9

Virgo's POV

Fear took over my body as I prayed that I landed safely. I didn't want to break my neck. What help would that be from my escaping mission?

The nearby tourists gasped and watched me. Time seemed to go slowly. Nine feet...eight feet...seven feet...six feet...four feet...two feet...zero feet. My eyes and the watchers' eyes widened in shock and amazement when I landed unsteadily, but safely.

About twenty feet above me, the soliders were cursing themselves and hurrying to get down on the street where I proudly stood. My smile spread and I almost laughed. But then the urgency of the moment caught up with me and I soon began to run.

Hopefully I could find shelter somewhere before the soliders got me and before Hades once again took over Quentin's poor body. If not, well, let's hope it worked out. The weight of the world on my shoulders was quite heavy and burdening and I would be relieved to get it off.

"You little criminal! You and your country will pay!" I could hear the mens' shouts, echoing across the bright, crowded streets. From how distant the voice sounded, I could tell they were far behind and struggling to keep up.

I snorted. Years of running from Que Tossian soliders gave me plenty of practice and I learned how to go faster and how to keep my breath even and plentiful so I could still breathe and keep running. Skills like that are very useful in this deadly times.

I continued to run until I was sure the soliders quit. Spotting a shady tree, I walk over and keep taking long, desperate breaths as I leaned against the bark, slowly sliding down to sit on the grass.

Groaning, I rub my head. I didn't feel too good. Maybe...maybe a little rest was what I needed. I hadn't slept for the past two-three days.

Without checking where-or should I say, what country I was in, I shut my eyes and immediatily fell into a deep sleep.

 Quentin's POV

I felt blank, lifeless, and like a toy. I couldn't control myself. When I resisted against the force, I found that I couldn't free myself. Was this what being in your grave felt?

A few times, I found I was myself again but then the other feeling would return and again, I was possessed. Yes, possessed by the Lord of the Underworld himself! I didn't know what more he wanted of me. I'd tried to convince the girl, Virgo, but it was impossible without having to put the potion in her. Even though the potion didn't work anymore since Virgo was too far away and the potion was only in her veins, no longer in her heart. Hades could only control her if the potion was in her heart.

"Darn girl!" snarled Hades somewhere far into the future. Through his possesion of me, I found myself hearing his every thought, no matter how small or hidden it was. I learned a lot from them. "How am I supposed to convince North Korea to fight! No matter what I've blown up, they still stay in the shadows! Hopefully, Turkey would find the North Koreans I set up and attack them. Then they would certainly have to fight back and-"

I stopped listening and began thinking of Virgo.

Virgo was special and whenever I was near her, I started to feel small little things flutter in my stomach. What was this feeling? We never had this feeling in the future. Was I sick? Was it the historic feeling, something called...love?

I crossed out the latter and convinced myself that I was sick. Although, other than when I was with Virgo, I felt no flutters, no fever coming to my cheeks, and no nervousness. What was the matter with me?

"Boy!" snapped Hades and I began listening again. Of course, I didn't want to. But the possesion took over again.

I gasped at a couple moments as I was forced to listen to Hade's dastardly, evil plans to destroy the world once and for all. And the first to be was Virgo.

Oh, what am I going to do!

Joseph's POV

After we caught the terrorists and unmasked them, I glanced at their eyes over a taller man's shoulder. What on earth! I almost gasped.

Their eyes weren't naturally colored. They were dangerously red, as if they've been crying or choking. I knew North Koreans had a different eye color than Turkians but this was not natural for anyone in the world!

I slowly backed away, shoving against a few men, ignoring their snarls at me. They all thought I was the silly little boy and for once, I was glad about it. If I was a bigger role then they'd certainly see my fear and ask me what was wrong. Then they'd think I was crazy.

I mean, first the strange other-worldly projection of a strange man with red eyes, staring at us, or more specifically, me. I was the only one who noticed him and yet again, I was the only one to notice these mens' strange colored pupils.

"Hey, these guys are North Korean!" shouted a man.

No, duh, I thought. Apparently others agreed with me since I heard mutters of the same words. As they began dragging the darkly dressed men away, I suddenly had the feeling that I was being watched. Again, I turned around and caught a small glimpse of a man before he disappeared in thin air.

Gulping, I turned back to the commander.

"Sir, what are we going to do?" asked the man from before.

The commander stood proudly and barked, "Attack North Korea back!"