COAF: Epilogue (1st draft)

Chapter 13

Quentin's POV

Darkness closed all around me. I felt sick and yet, not sick. My face was probably red from heat but I felt cold. My brain whirled like I drank many bottles of whisky but I was laying still on the floor.

Brightness flooded the dark skies and I shut my eyes. Was this how it felt when you were dead? Or was I just hallucinating.

The posion I drank was a secret thing I'd created. It destroyed the soul of who possesed you but it could do that to your soul too. It was risky, but it was worth it. All war in the world was gone. I knew that for some reason.

I just didn't know what would happen next.

I needed some futuristic treatment for the posion which I doubted they had in this time period.

"You have done well, young man," whispered a scaly voice that I didn't recognize. "You've stopped the war and many future ones I might add."

"W-w-" I tried to say but my throat was too dry.

"Drink this. You'll feel better," said the man, placing a drink into my mouth. I gulped greedily until he snatched it away. "Not too much. It could burn your heart."

"Who are you?" I said. Suddenly I looked around. I wasn't in the hotel room anymore. I was in a white lab with odd gadgets that even I did not recognize. "W-where am I? Where's Virgo?"

"Ah, Virgo Leilani Tabitha Deja Blakely, the young agent. She's done her job perfect," said the man.

"H-her job?" I asked confused.

"Yes, Quentin," said a familar voice. My eyes widened. Virgo! She stepped into my point of view, wearing a tight, black jumpsuit with green patterns that moved when she did.

"What's going on?" I demanded. "Where am I?" I asked again.

"You're in the lab," answered Virgo.

"What lab? What am I doing here? What time period is it?"

"Oh, well, in Earth's time period, you could say it's about 4001," said Virgo as if it were no big deal.

4001? My eyes bugged out.

"What?! And what do you mean Earth time?"

"Quentin, we'll explain it after you get some rest. You'll need it or else the posion will... Uhm, anyway, you need your rest," commanded Virgo, frowning ever so slightly.

The drink from before must have had sleeping potion because I suddenly closed my eyes and started to fall asleep.

As I slept, questions zipped in my mind. Where are we? Are we even on earth? What was Virgo's job? Who was the man? What happened to Hades? Why was it 4001? WHAT'S GOING ON!

Virgo's POV

"You think he'll be alright?" I asked, concerned, staring at his sleeping body.

"He'll be fine," said Dr. Hekowip. "And you've passed your test. You're now offically a complete member."

I grinned. "Thank you so much sir!" I was an offical agent of the REAL S.T.W.

I've been keeping a secret for a while now. I wasn't Virgo Leilani Tabitha Deja Blakely, the pitiful child from Que Tosse. I was the proud Virgo Leliani Tabitha Deja Blakely, member of the S.T.W in the future. I'd been on a mission to save the world and prove my worth and to earn my offical membership.

That was the real reason my mother and I argued. I'd wanted this since forever but Mom thought it was too dangerous. My piercings marked that I was a young agent and that's why I didn't want to through them away that day near the lake.