[24]

Melody

+

I didn't want to get any closer to Peter than I already was, but along with Lydia and Allison, I walked inside the loft. Peter wasn't speaking. Instead, he walked a few steps towards us, and with his head, nudged towards Allison. "She goes," he said.

Lydia clicked her tongue, "The last time I was alone with you, I almost bled out on the lacrosse field." Lydia inhaled deeply. Her nostrils flared. Now I could see even she didn't want to be anywhere near Peter, but if she was, then this was important. "She stays." 

"Do you actually think I was trying to kill you when I bit you? You were my backup plan, remember? Not to mention the bite was what brought out your nascent abilities. You think power like that was going to come out on its own?" Peter clicked his tongue, "I'm the spark that lit your fire sweetheart."

Allison scoffed, "You attacked her and nearly killed her."

Peter smirked, "Power doesn't come without a little pain or struggle." 

"She didn't ask for it," I answered.

"Quite frankly, you're finding yourself in a similar, excruciating state, aren't you miss?" Peter questioned me.  "But you're both embracing it now, aren't you?" He asked.

I found myself lost for words. My voice hitched in my throat so no words escaped my lips. I wanted to respond. I wanted to tell Peter to shut up, and that he's wrong. I wanted to say he had no idea what I have been feeling and what has happened to me, but I couldn't. I couldn't bring myself to speak. The constant worrying and fear for Stiles' safety have worn me down to the point of nearly no return. My mind is occupied with making sure Stiles and my family is safe that I could not risk putting my own life in jeopardy. I stayed quiet.

"How about the fact that you brainwashed her and used her to bring yourself back to life?"

"So that I could be here today to help you master your abilities. Isn't it amazing how things come full circle? Then you, Melody, added yourself to the mix, and it made this experience much more amusing. Considering clairvoyance is a rare gift, helping you master it would be a true honor."

I crossed my arms and watched as Allison rolled her eyes, "He's insane." Allison said, turning back towards the sliding doors. "We're leaving." She commanded.

"You want the truth, Lydia?" Peter began, "It's not the scream that gives you power. All the scream does is help drown out the noise, allowing you to hear what you really need to. So I can help you focus on raising your hearing." Peter said He had a smile on his face, a grin from ear to ear. "In the beginning, didn't you notice your screams triggered Melody's visions? But now you've started experiencing those visions on your own haven't you, Melody?"

"But you want something in return?" Allison questioned him.

"No, I'm dedicating my life to helping out narcissistic teenage girls," He said sarcastically. "Of course I want something in return." Peter's hands grabbed a hold of a brown jar. He twisted off the top and dumped its contents onto the table he leaned against. Claws spilled across the metal surface.

+

Allison lifted one of the claws from the jar in her fingertips "These are the claws of Derek's mother?" she asked.

"My sister, Talia. Before she died, she stole a memory from me. It's something only a very powerful alpha can do. That memory is locked inside those claws."

"Why would your sister want to steal a memory from you?" Lydia asked.

With narrowed eyes, Peter stared at our strawberry-blonde-haired friend, "Well if I remembered the memory, I might be able to tell you."