Little One

Klaus walked into his daughter’s room when he heard her crying. He want to her crib and picked her up. His beautiful daughter, Selene. Her birth was one of the happiest, but scariest moments of his life. Selene decided to come into this world on full moon. It was a long and difficult labor for Hayley, but thankfully Selene was alright. Hayley was not so lucky, she lost a lot of blood during the birth and blackout. It was touch and go, but Hayley is a fighter and she made it through. 

“Now, little one what is the matter. I know you can’t be hungry because your mommy just feed you not even an hour ago.”

Selene looked up to her father and just smiled.

Klaus smiled right back. No matter what his little girl could always make him smile. “I see, you just wanted me spend some time with you.”

He carried her over to the rocking chair and sat down with her. “You know when I first find out about you I could not believe it. More like would not believe it. How could I; a vampire, a monster create something so pure?” 

Klaus his her forehead and sigh. “Your uncle Elijah convinced me that you would not be a weakness, but a strength. With you I will be able to have all that I always wanted a family. Someone who love me without wanting something in exchange.” 

Selene grabbed hold of his finger in her hand. He brought her little hand up to his mouth and kissed it. Klaus still couldn’t believe how much she looked like Hayley; beautiful just like her mother. Hayley liked to also point out that even though she looked like her, Selena had his eyes and nose. 

“What kind of a father would I be, little one. I’m a monster, the heartless Hybrid. I have done horrible things. I have killed without an ounce of regret. People believed I could not love you.”

Klaus sighed again, looking like he was a million miles away. 

“When I found out that those witches were trying to kill you all I felt was rage. I would do anything to protect you. I would kill all those witches if it meant you were safe. After that moment I promised myself that I would be a better father than my own. I would not break you down with words or beatings. I would tell you how much I love every day and will never raise my hand against you. I will give you everything I never had.”

He looked down and saw that she was fast asleep. Klaus got up and laid her down in her crib. 

“I’m afraid, little one. What if I make a mess out of this. What if I disappoint you.”

“You won’t disappoint her.”

Klaus was surprise, he looked over towards the door and saw Hayley standing there. She walked in and walk towards him. Hayley looked down at their daughter and grabbed one of his hands.

“You won’t disappoint her as long as you are there for her. You won’t mess this up because I will make sure you won’t. You will be a good father...you are a good father.”

“How do you know?”

Hayley gave him a light kiss on the lips. “I know because you are worrying about being a good father. The fact that you want her to have everything you didn’t. You are not alone in this Klaus, you have me.”

Klaus put his forehead against hers and closed his eyes. He reopened his eyes and kissed her. 

“Let’s go to bed before she wakes up again.” 

She smiled and pulled him out of the room.