CHAPTER 1

6.59 A.M.

I lay on my bed , feeling the heat rage through my body and sweat trickle down my forehead. I shut my eyes tight and clenched my blanket trying to battle it off. Not able to withstand any longer, I woke up with a startle and witnessed something I least expected to happen and heard the same words that haunted me every single morning.....

Yeah, I found the ceiling fan switched off and my mom screaming from the kitchen ,"WAKE UP BETA! IT'S 7.30 ALREADY AND YOU'LL BE RUNNING LATE TO SCHOOL AGAIN!" The irony is that I'm among the few that landed up inside the school campus even before the janitor could. I don't really know how it feels to feed kids with false facts like these on a Monday morning.

WELL...WELCOME TO THE INDIAN HOUSEHOLD! *BEAR HUGS FROM THE EXTRA SWEET GRANDMA*

AND SO HEYYYY IT'S HANNAH!(hmm..no)

 VANAKKAM! IT'S HANNAH, HANNAH BAKER!(sounds better)

 (mom again from the kitchen)"HANNAH UH? ANNAPOORANI BANGDU ! WHAT EVEN?"

*sheepish grin* *cue the eye roll too* 

But please, don't judge us right away. We're probably the coolest , desi-est family on this terrestrial sphere you'd ever bump into.( because we're clumsy as hell)

( because we're clumsy as hell)

Mrs.Baker (or savage mother) on top.

If you didn't know, well you actually don't, I'm the scion of the IYENGAR BAKERY. Hence the name. And Hannah? That's because I'm too cool to be Annapoorani. Anything to describe my family and myself would require an adjective of superlative degree.Like, for my Dad, the most talented and abusive baker in town.

Like, for my Dad, the most talented and abusive baker in town

Yeah. There. Right on top. That is, Mr.Baker. 

Forever grateful for my family is just this small or it would be too hard for the fellow Homo sapiens to handle our lunacy for a lifetime. But hey! who'd supply you chocolate chip muffins then?

7.15 A.M.

RULE NO 1 : INDIAN MOTHERS CAN NEVER BE WRONG.

I could feel my Mom shooting I-knew-this-would-happen looks at me when I was scrambling between brushing my teeth and hair. I would rather call it multitasking. Wouldn't you? 

But now I was, at last presentable enough to show up at school by 7.45 ( school starts at 8) Rushing down the stairs I could sense the aroma of filter coffee and hear some colourful words by my daddy dearest at the workers in our hole-in-the-wall bakery. Brushing all them aside, I saw that one person at the dining table. That one person who dulled the pain of my existence. TONY. My bestfriend, side-kick and the only person who paid heed to whatever I said. 

TONY BOY

TONY BOY.

Gorging down masala dosas for breakfast with Tony, I headed out to the place which was both the best and worst thing that happened to me. HIGH SCHOOL.

A.N.

HELLO TO EVERY MUNCHKIN READING THIS, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN. I HAD COOL FRIENDS WHO WROTE STORIES ON WATTPAD AND SO I DECIDED TO GIVE IT A SHOT. SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ALL THE BAD GRAMMAR AND POOR STORYLINE. I'M STRIVING TO MAKE IT BETTER. THIS IS JUST A INTRO INTO THE STORY AND I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT. PLEASE DROP YOUR COMMENTS AND DON'T FORGET TO...VOTE!!!

ALL THE LOVE💕