CHAPTER 9

CLAY ON TOP ^

I can't say that I hate Padma or anything. She is more like (no no, LITERALLY) the Monday of my life.

*CLAP CLAP* the physics teacher clapped her manicured hands. "I had announced a test on Thermodynamics. SPREAD OUT, TWO IN A ROW, NOW!"

"Annapoorani," 

Not again

"You'll take care of the class and conduct the test."

Shit. But no test , so yay.

Padma sat in the first bench and I could feel her shooting daggers at me. Poor kid, duh.

The teacher marked down the questions and spoke to me like we were were planning some missile attack together. Padma was shifting in her seat ready to blast at me anytime and I couldn't be more happy ( for now, because she was helpless) 

"GIRLS! SILENCE....AND THE FIRST QUESTION," I kept shouting at the top of my lungs for twenty minutes.Then later I could literally feel my voice crack.  

____

Another bulb lit up. YES YES YES .

" GIRLS! ANOTHER 10 MINUTES FOR YOU WIND UP THE TEST AND SUBMIT! QUICK, CHOP CHOP!"

"Padma, can I have your textbook for a second? the teacher's having the old edition and half of the questions are missing. Please?" Puppy face-with-smirk mode on.

She put the book with a loud thud. I smiled.

"Ow,thanks! *cough cough* the desk is dusty hmm?" Just like your brain.

"Whatever , IDGAF," she spelled IDGAF. I bet she didn't know the full form.

If only I wanted to kill myself I would climb her ego and jump to her IQ. 

I opened her textbook and turned to the page which had the answers.I looked at it inquisitively for five whole minutes. Another two minutes left. I looked at my watch. But I heard a few laughs down the corridor. Wasting no more time, "Oops!" I pushed Padma's pouch from the table.

"I'll help you pick them up!" and I placed the book with the answers open ACCIDENTALLY on her desk.

" Ew no. I don't want you to touch my parkers and pilots." Cue the eye roll.

Casually walk out to the door, look around for any signs of the teacher arriving and not to forget to keep a check on Padma. Yes! Just as I wished, she was slyly copying down the answers ! JAI MATA DI. 

AND, now's the real game.

The teacher walked in and caught Padma looking into the textbook for answers! 

"PADMA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING ? HOW DID I EVEN CONSIDER YOU FOR THE ELECTIONS? IS THIS WHAT YOU TOLD ME ABOUT INSPIRING THE STUDENTS TOWARDS BETTERMENT? TO ENLIGHTEN THEM ABOUT BECOMING CHEATS JUST LIKE YOU?"

"Bu..ut ma'am, it was han...."

"YOU ARE NOT NOMINATED,AND THERE'S NO MORE HARPING OVER THE SAME STRING ABOUT THIS. NOW GET OUT OF THE CLASS."

Padma hung her head and never moved a muscle.

"I'VE WATCHED PAINT DRY FASTER." Then Padma dragged herself out of the class.

The whole class started whispering to each other and pointed at Padma now and then.

Guilt swept over me like a tsunami. This wasn't the 'MISSION STEAL THE SPOTLIGHT' Sim told me about. We had planned about sending her bomb threats over the phone if she were to contest the elections. It was pure coincidence how Padma and the teacher fell in place, perfectly.

During recess, the teacher again walked in." Padma, be ready with the nomination speech. It's in two days."

"MA'AM! SERIOUSLY?! THANK YOU SO MUCH!"

"It'd be nice if you never repeated it." And she walked out of the class giving me an impressive nod.

Padma walked up to me. Hannah, suit up. You're in neck deep trouble.

"Thanks." and she smiled.

I narrowed my eyes trying to process what I just witnessed.

"I saw talk to ma'am about what happened during the test, I owe you big time." She turned and walked out of the class swaying her hips and turned around when she reached the door to wave at me.

WOW. Where have I got myself now? 

Sim and I were in my room leaning into Sim's laptop

"HANS! I GUESS IT'S TOO MAINSTREAM FOR BOMB THREATS"

"Sim! Stop shouting about bombs and stuff. My mom will panic."

"Hahahaha...OKAYYYYYY"

I rolled my eyes. I didn't tell her about what happened in school. I just didn't feel like letting her know.

" HANS WE'LL CREATE AN INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT FOR YOU AND POST HOT PICTURES OF YOU."

"Ew, what the heck.No"

"SHUT UP! IT'S A BETTER WAY TO GET YOU SOME FAN FOLLOWING.ALL THE JUNIORS WILL LOOK UP TO YOU FOR INSPIRATION. PADMA HAS 5K FOLLOWERS ALREADY."

"Okayyyy, but stop shouting. Don't act like you're high on weed or something."

"DUUUDE! MY BEST FRIEND'S GONNA BE FAMOUS IN A WEEK AND YOU EXPECT ME TO STAY QUIET? DUH."

She will bury me alive if she gets to know about this morning. Shoot.

"We should first get your makeup done.Sit up lady!"

She took my makeup as some serious assignment but I just considered this as a girls' night. So I didn't refuse.

She turned me to face the mirror and I was flabbergasted at the outcome. Wow, contouring and all made me look like Priyanka Chopra. She then clicked a few( like a 100) pictures of me in all angles. And then we created an instagram for me and posted a picture.*happy dance*  

Innovation distinguishes a leader from a follower

Innovation distinguishes a leader from a follower. read the caption.

"Does it make sense?" I asked.

"For the Head Girl, it does."

We both nodded and laughed. Typical friday nights.

A.N.

HOW'S THE CHAPTER YA MUNCHKINS? 

UNTIL THE NEXT CHAPTER, ALL THE LOVE.

LET THE STAR SHINE!