CHAPTER 2

There is no friend like someone who has known you since you were five.Tony was an epitome of that. I have to say all this as he is more like my chauffeur and secretary. God forbid that he decides not to drop me at school every morning. And not get me enough candies to go on a sugar high. These are the only reasons why he is still my best friend. "How was your day?" followed by an half-hour rant by me was one the best therapies I craved for after a super tiring day.Tony. That one irreplaceable childhood best friend.

As I sat in his red shiny car , he flashed that receptionist smile and asked, " So, did you enjoy your weekend?" and that smile turned into a devious smirk because he knew how I was literally buried among those sheets and sheets of math assignments the whole weekend. Sometimes I realize that #TGIF is just hypothetical. Agree ?According to Newton's third law, sarcasm should be replied with sarcasm. " Oh! yes Tony boy! how could I not cherish our Saturday spent watching chick- flicks?" and fake grinned. "Lame comeback, try something better before we reach school."I knew. But accepting defeat was not a part of my curriculum.Before I could think of something more argumentative,no, I just couldn't. So, puppy face. END OF DISCUSSION(perks of being a pretty Indian girl) Tony rolled his eyes so hard that his eyeballs had a sneak peak of his brain too. Hashtag lame jokes.

" I have some tapes, you wanna listen to them?" Tony asked out of the blue. I sensed a flash of deja vu and his tone only intrigued me more. "Uh huh yeah...okay?"but before I could even conclude he chimed, "Come on they aren't any suicidal ones, just some songs...stop acting like a zombie!"OKAY.END OF DISCUSSION AGAIN. I switched it on and the song Channa mereya played.It was the song every heartbroken teenager religiously listened to. So I set the mood in here as well. Stretching my hand outside the window, I put on the most depressing expression also humming and sighing simultaneously.Dramatic much? Other people actually listened to this song to grow out of their sadness and past relationships. I listened to it as I had no reason to feel sad which made me even more sad.

"AYEEE! KIDS THESE DAYS...PUT YOUR HAND INSIDE  YOU SENSELESS GIRL!" and poof! went my train of thoughts into oblivion . It was a bald man with paan more than how much his mouth could hold in." Hahahaha*hiccup hiccup* hahahaha!"Not the bald man again.It was Tony entertaining himself from all the embarrassment I was awarding myself today.

RULE NO 2 : JAI MATA DI IS THE SOLUTION FOR EVERYTHING.

Worry not, my child for I'll teach you how it is done. Eyes shut( tight, very tight), palms joint and utter JAI MATA DI with utmost devotion.Then stealthily open one eye and then the next. *miracle* The car came to a halt and found my best friend waving at me. I hopped out happily freeing myself from the clutches of embarrassment. Okay children, thank me later. I muttered a goodbye to Tony and ran to strangle my best friend with an ape hug. Simar was every girl's dream best friend, who would read my mind and understand me like no one else. She was the one who taught me JAI MATA DI. Thank her later too. Simar had beautiful chestnut eyes and chocolate brown tresses that fell up to her shoulders. Now we were two lanes away from school. That's because if anyone at school gets to know that a guy of my age drops me at school everyday, the next they'd be doing is designing my wedding invites and planning their outfits for my sangeet.

Simar and I had so much to catch up , all thanks to the weekend math assignments. She was excited about the auditions for the upcoming singing reality show that was to kick start in a couple of weeks. She had the most amazing voice and I couldn't help but be equally excited as she was. "Hannah! you promised to get me macaroons today!"Simar chirped. "OOPS! Why didn't you remind me earlier Sim ?" and I face palmed also slipping a few macaroons into her pocket. Her face lit up and she muttered a thanks with her mouth stuffed with the delicacy. Because of her I laughed a little harder, cried a little less and smiled a lot more.

It was 7.55 A.M and now we were at the school gates muttering another JAI MATA DI just so the day wouldn't be any worse.

M and now we were at the school gates muttering another JAI MATA DI just so the day wouldn't be any worse

BEST FRIENDS FOR LIFE^

A.N.

HELLO MUNCHKINS! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE RESPONSE. I WAS SO EXCITED THAT I STAYED UP ALL NIGHT AND COMPLETED THIS CHAPTER. I PROMISE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE VERY VERY LONG. IT IS YOUR LOVE AND ENCOURAGEMENT THAT HAS GOT ME GOING. I HAVE ALSO ADDED CHANNA MEREYA ON TOP SO THAT YOU COULD JOIN ME IN THE DRAMA TOO, HEHE...

#89 IN HUMOR?!? KILL ME NOW *SQUEAAAAALSSSSS*

AND, LET THE STAR SHINE! ( I MEAN, PLEASE VOTE!)

ALL THE LOVE.